Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-30-2004, 10:54 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2004 PS 197
o4 ps 197 problems I found. Anyone feel free to add to this list,And also suggestions

Hey guys, I bought a 04 ps197, And I also have gelcoat cracks. the driver seat bolts that hold the seat down came out , Had a small tranny leak. The seat that opens to the open bow is coming off. the stickers are falling off and the carpet on the trailer bunks is wore to the wood, And water got in the oil bath bearings on the wheels. Plus there is a huge crack in the fiberglass under the passenger seat in front of the battery. I just hit 40hrs on my boat.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:04 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: PROSTAR 209 04
Hey Chris, welcome. When I got the boat home from the dealer, I found one of the trailer bunks was broken, the bracket bent and the bolts were broken out of the board. I finally replaced two of the bunks myself (dealer said it would take 3-4 weeks to get new boards from MC). We have had several other problems which another dealer is going to address next week. We've got several gelcoat cracks and some instrument issues. Have you had any trouble with your stereo? On our's (this is the second one) the CD keeps skipping. Jim
Old 08-30-2004, 11:18 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2004 PS 197
have not had any problem with the stereo, but my speedo. guages locked up a few times