Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-28-2012, 06:03 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft 197 TT 2007
wonder if they plan on putting the ford eco-boost in the new boats.... that would be cool

2007 Prostar TT 197.....special delivery from the dealer 3/18/08 sold 6/7/11
Old 06-28-2012, 06:08 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by lettmeknow View Post
I have first hand reliable intel on the new Prostar for 2014. It will be named Prostar 201. MC wants to one up CC again ( cc196 vs MC197) . It will share some of the same characterisics of the new Xstar. It will have the funky rub rail dip and will also incorprate a small pickle fork front bow to address the complaints of the small seating area of the 197. It will have a rear swooping mini tower that does not interfere with shortline. . It will have a built in boom that stores itself in the gunnel when not in use. A push of a button will release the boom and it will telescope out automatically! No power tower, but now you got this cool auto feature. The engine will be pushed forward 3 inches as well as the gas tank to improve weight distibution. The storage locker is thinner but goes all the way to the floor. The dash will have no gauges. It will be one offset( simalar to CC) six inch screen . It will display all info and zero off. It will have two rope release systems, one specific to trick the other to slalom. The wake is supposed to be so faint and soft that it will sure to see new world records. As far as power plant, there is talk of a turbo charged V6 that is supposed to get better gas consumption than anything we have seen before.Thats about all I know right now, I am rooted to have WTT #1! Please do not share any of this info outside of TT , as it is all very secret.
A marinized Eco-Boost F-150 engine?

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 06-28-2012, 10:24 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 04 TT 197
Quote:
I have first hand reliable intel on the new Prostar for 2014. It will be named Prostar 201. MC wants to one up CC again ( cc196 vs MC197) . It will share some of the same characterisics of the new Xstar. It will have the funky rub rail dip and will also incorprate a small pickle fork front bow to address the complaints of the small seating area of the 197. It will have a rear swooping mini tower that does not interfere with shortline. . It will have a built in boom that stores itself in the gunnel when not in use. A push of a button will release the boom and it will telescope out automatically! No power tower, but now you got this cool auto feature. The engine will be pushed forward 3 inches as well as the gas tank to improve weight distibution. The storage locker is thinner but goes all the way to the floor. The dash will have no gauges. It will be one offset( simalar to CC) six inch screen . It will display all info and zero off. It will have two rope release systems, one specific to trick the other to slalom. The wake is supposed to be so faint and soft that it will sure to see new world records. As far as power plant, there is talk of a turbo charged V6 that is supposed to get better gas consumption than anything we have seen before.Thats about all I know right now, I am rooted to have WTT #1! Please do not share any of this info outside of TT , as it is all very secret.
ummmm.......................you do realize this is a public forum for anybody to read right?
Interesting stuff though..........it will be interesting to see if it is true in two years time.

I just think that a 12 YEARS between hull changes is just a little much even for MC. I am concerned that they are spending too much time messing with super expensive wake boats(no disrespect) than dealing with the grass roots building blocks that Rob Shirley built the company on. The timing from a marketing persective is now (or last year) for something that could put them in the leading position in the waterski market.

04 197 TT LQ9 stargazer w/Z-Box
PB 1@35off
Previous...
96 Prostar 205 Lt1
93 Prostar 205 HO
81 Leaves and stripes(Can. edition)
Old 06-28-2012, 11:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Mastercraft X9, MXC 350
R&D follow sales.

I'm sure this is not quite the norm everywhere, but at the Mastercraft dealers I've been to, I have never even seen a 190 or 197. As far as that goes I hardly ever see people skiing on the lakes. Kind of like skis vs snowboards on the slopes. Dying passions.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:28 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
You, sir, get the prize for teasing a group of grown men. Well played!

This sounds like the boat you described.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 06-29-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:56 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhsprostar View Post
ummmm.......................you do realize this is a public forum for anybody to read right?
Interesting stuff though..........it will be interesting to see if it is true in two years time.

I just think that a 12 YEARS between hull changes is just a little much even for MC. I am concerned that they are spending too much time messing with super expensive wake boats(no disrespect) than dealing with the grass roots building blocks that Rob Shirley built the company on. The timing from a marketing persective is now (or last year) for something that could put them in the leading position in the waterski market.
Only in his dream, he forgot the sarcasm smiley face
Old 06-29-2012, 11:43 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Prostar 209 2002: Prostar 197 TT 2012
dying passion??? skis vs snowboards on the slopes??? not sure you been there lately? new schoolers free skiing have surpassed anything done or possible in sideways stance. I know... I am old. mad respect for what is being done on the wakeboard these days. never stop pulling for slalom and footing. I was competitive freestyle skier back in the day when it was about expression. bringing rules, objective scoring brought it to olympic level (and some say made it stale). a smooth slalom run always impresses. a rippin bump run that includes off-axis rotations is killer. barefooting opens up wild creative expression. so when did the passion die?
Old 06-29-2012, 11:46 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Prostar 209 2002: Prostar 197 TT 2012
oh ya... this was about making / designing a competition ski boat. stop doing that and I will buy a boat from somebody that does. any tug can make a big wake. who ever makes quality, style and no wake is the leader... and that's the boat I want.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZX9 View Post
R&D follow sales.

I'm sure this is not quite the norm everywhere, but at the Mastercraft dealers I've been to, I have never even seen a 190 or 197. As far as that goes I hardly ever see people skiing on the lakes. Kind of like skis vs snowboards on the slopes. Dying passions.
Thats because us skiers had to move to private ski lakes to avoid the wakemaker machines. If you think skiing is dying then why are there over 100 man made ski lakes in California alone!
Old 06-29-2012, 01:29 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul