Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 08-24-2005, 01:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 Prostar 190
Seat is frozen

'93 Prostar. The driver seat is stuck in farthest back position. Any ideas on how to free it up or remove it to grease the channels it should ride back and forth on?
Old 08-24-2005, 01:11 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '03 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumbledog
'93 Prostar. The driver seat is stuck in farthest back position. Any ideas on how to free it up or remove it to grease the channels it should ride back and forth on?
If it's rusted, which is likely, tearing it totally apart cleaning the rust is about the only solution, short of replacing the tracks. If it's bent like my tristar was, you might be able to straighten the tracks, but success is unlikely.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:10 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1989 Prostar 190, 351 Indmar
My '89 Prostar seat froze in the middle position a few years back. This spring I wanted it back a bit, and was able to get it moved by holding the lever and gently forcing the seat back and forth. Push at the bottom, not the top. Mine was a bit rusted. You'll probably need to get it moved in order to disassemble it. I do need to pull mine, clean it up and re-grease it.
Good luck,
Kevin
1989 ProStar 190 with "Safe T Top", 351 Ford, GT 40 heads painted Ford Blue, Elec. Ign, 1:1, 720 hours, 4 blade prop, PP 6.5, removable platform brackets, custom color from factory, hot water shower, Boat Buddy & LED lights on trailer
2010 D3 Z7, 2 @ 32 off, 34 mph so far
Old 08-25-2005, 11:37 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1989 Prostar 190
I just fixed this on mine a couple of days ago. I removed the seat entirely (unscrewed it from the floor) so I could get at the tracks better. I dripped regular lubricating oil (not WD40) on each track from the front and back. Then I worked the seat back and forth and eventually the oil worked it's way across the entire track.

I found the best way to move the seat was to sit in it. I think I had even removed the cushion. Pushing it (low, not high) only worked a little bit.

If your rails are bent then of course simply oiling them would not take care of the problem. Once you get the seat out of the boat you will see a couple of bolts attaching the rail to the seat. You may be able to remove the rails in order to straighten them out.

Good luck.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:56 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1993 Stars & Stripes 190, GT40, 1:1, OJ 3 & 4 Blade
Mine worked fine all last season and even earlier this April, but locked up in May, so this is helpful as usual. Thanks!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:16 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Ah yes, what was old is new again. Old threads are worth their weight in gold.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:25 PM

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Send a message via MSN to pram
My 91 had the same issue,. I removed the seat and the runners, took them apart, cleaned them, unbent them and put it all back together

worked really nicely after that

MONKEY FACE