Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Find A Pull / Give a Pull

Old 08-25-2012, 10:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 XStar LY6, 2006 X-15 (gone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydbouy View Post
Thanks, but Fargo's a little out of the way. Boat House Marine is going to give me a demo ride this week.

I'm trying to get the best of everything. Big Wakeboard Wake, small Slalom Wake, yet still able to handle somewhat rough water. I currently have a 22' deep V Checkmate that has not a great wakeboard wake and a very bad slalom wake. It does however handle waves well.

How do you use yours?
Tommy,

I have primarily been wakeboarding. I do ski, and have friends on the boat that do. I see you have been out on one. I did add the extra bags to the stock ballast in the back and WOW! I also have one for the tunnel if we want up to 750.

We do surf and love it with some extra ballast, even more. Stock is more than adequate. I will say with the 5.7 motor and the extra ballast I did swap out the stock prop to allow for better use the of the hp/torque of the motor, 2" less pitch but inch bigger diameter.

I love my boat, but may upgrade just to get newer, but I have ZERO complaint about my X15. I dont have the wake plate but that would help skiing to flatten out the wake that is there, for skiing, but its not bad at all.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Tom

Last edited by tkemperdc; 08-25-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:56 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
Of those who ski their X15s, do any of you have a comparative perspective vs a slalom boat (PS 190, 197, 205 etc)?
Old 06-07-2013, 05:40 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2009 X-15, MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Of those who ski their X15s, do any of you have a comparative perspective vs a slalom boat (PS 190, 197, 205 etc)?
Sorry I don't have the comparison but I wanted to let you know the Attitude Plate (center trim tab) helps flatten the wake out a bunch. We've found 85% down is best for us with a couple people on the boat and running 34 mph.

Maybe someone in the Cincy area with an X15 with an Attitude Plate can give you a pull? Cincy Mastercraft?