Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Find A Pull / Give a Pull

Old 06-18-2012, 10:36 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2009 X-15, MCX
Need a pull off an X 15 in NE Ohio

I'm thinking of buying a used X 15 but I'd really like to Wakeboard and Slalom off one first. I live in the Cleveland OH area. I'm willing to travel a couple hours if needed. My email is tdemps@gmail.com. I've got gas money.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:56 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 XStar LY6, 2006 X-15 (gone)
HA, well Fargo, ND is pry out of your way.... I love my 15.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:19 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkemperdc View Post
HA, well Fargo, ND is pry out of your way.... I love my 15.
Thanks, but Fargo's a little out of the way. Boat House Marine is going to give me a demo ride this week.

I'm trying to get the best of everything. Big Wakeboard Wake, small Slalom Wake, yet still able to handle somewhat rough water. I currently have a 22' deep V Checkmate that has not a great wakeboard wake and a very bad slalom wake. It does however handle waves well.

How do you use yours?
Old 08-02-2012, 12:10 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2010 X-15, 1990 Tri-Star & Soon 2013 X-30
Come to Madison, WI and ride mine (2010 X-15) if you want it is also for sale
Old 08-02-2012, 08:21 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydbouy View Post
Thanks, but Fargo's a little out of the way. Boat House Marine is going to give me a demo ride this week.

I'm trying to get the best of everything. Big Wakeboard Wake, small Slalom Wake, yet still able to handle somewhat rough water. I currently have a 22' deep V Checkmate that has not a great wakeboard wake and a very bad slalom wake. It does however handle waves well.

How do you use yours?
How did the BHM test drive go? Thoughts on the X-15?

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 08-02-2012, 08:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-15, 1993 Prostar S&S
Quote:

How do you use yours?
Tommy - We always find ourselves saying "this is the best boat, this is the best boat". Very close friends have a new X25, but I continue to be impressed by our 15. My son does pretty advanced wakeboarding, and three of us slalom recreationally. It's not a bad slalom wake for a relatively large boat. We don't surf a lot, but it sets up a very nice wave with the right speed and ballast. We use 4x400 lb bags on top of the factory ballast for wakeboarding and occassional surfing.

We are in Cleveland, but out of town until next week. Could meet up with you later in the month if you still need a ride.

Craig
Old 08-02-2012, 06:33 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
If you don't get to ride behind one before buying, trust me, it will be heaven compared to a Checkmate!
Rough water ride is the best of the "smaller" MC V drive that still have some semblance of a slalom wake.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 08-03-2012, 12:02 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
How did the BHM test drive go? Thoughts on the X-15?
It went really well. Chris at BHM is first class. He took us out on a 2012.

The wakeboard wake was great, big, and rampy. So much easier to get air off of compared to my Checkmate. The perfect pass makes a huge difference as well. For wakeboarding, my Checkmate is always either getting on plane and speeding up or coming off plane slowing down and making the wake too washy. The wake on the X15 was still strong at slower speeds.

The slalom wake was nice and flat. It took a couple runs to get the attitude plate and rope length dialed in. Once we were dialed in it really felt easier cutting through the wake. My wife and I both felt like there was a little less strain on our bodies compared to skiing off our IO checkmate. Maybe its the angle of the rope connecting to the ski pilon vs the eye on our Checkmate? I also bumped my speed up a mph or 2 and felt comfortable.

We didn't have a wake surf board to try but he showed us what the wake looks like at surf speed. Looked very big. I've only wake surfed twice off of an 03 X1 with 2 fat sacks. The X15 was way bigger.

I wish i could buy one of Chris's new X 15's but I need to save some cash and find a good used one.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:11 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_craig View Post
Tommy - We always find ourselves saying "this is the best boat, this is the best boat". Very close friends have a new X25, but I continue to be impressed by our 15. My son does pretty advanced wakeboarding, and three of us slalom recreationally. It's not a bad slalom wake for a relatively large boat. We don't surf a lot, but it sets up a very nice wave with the right speed and ballast. We use 4x400 lb bags on top of the factory ballast for wakeboarding and occassional surfing.

We are in Cleveland, but out of town until next week. Could meet up with you later in the month if you still need a ride.

Craig
Craig,

Thanks for the offer but I think we've decided to buy an X 15 once we find the right one.

Where do you do most of your boating? We go up to Sandusky bay alot, occasionally the Sandusky River, and occasionally West Branch. Have you ever gone on the Huron River (OH)? I've heard you can get some nice smooth water but I don't know how well the depths are marked.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:59 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-15, 1993 Prostar S&S
Quote:
Craig,

Thanks for the offer but I think we've decided to buy an X 15 once we find the right one.

Where do you do most of your boating? We go up to Sandusky bay alot, occasionally the Sandusky River, and occasionally West Branch. Have you ever gone on the Huron River (OH)? I've heard you can get some nice smooth water but I don't know how well the depths are marked.
Mostly Westbranch. We spend quite a bit of time in northern michigan with the boat, so usually early and late summer on WB.