Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 08-23-2005, 11:58 PM
TT Regular

Boat: mastercraft, 19 skier, 1982, ford 351,
Stereo in s&s Anyone

Any put a stereo in their s&s mc. Any ideas
Old 08-24-2005, 12:45 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by darule336
Any put a stereo in their s&s mc. Any ideas
Pics of yEr boat please? Much more important than the stereo...

However, XM satellite would be my preference of audio entertainment.

Now, how about those pics?

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 08-27-2005, 09:43 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1979 Stars & Stripes Skier
I am about to install a 4 speaker system in my 79 S&S, I am going to use a marine radio housing and mount it beside the spotters seat just across from the ski pole, and then four of the outdoor marine speakers that have the housing & brackets, I am going to mount two in the back just under the "flashing" screwed directly into the side wall, I think they might only stick out about an inch, I am going to run the other two closer to the front, the wires will run perfectly behind the flashing on the sides, it has about a 3" X 2" gap along it. If you can think of anything that would work better please let me know.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1
Yes my head unit is installed to the left of the driver, on the side of the passenger seat, with a marine cover. Itís hard to change stuff because the cover opens and you have to bend down to see under the door, so I got a unit with a keychain remote. I have 2 - 6 1/2 sonny speakers installed on the sides of the boat. It sounds great. Definitely worth it
Old 08-30-2005, 08:50 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '85 S&S
I installed mine in the same place as Brian. I put in 4 6x9's on the floor next to the seats (front and rear). it sounds great. remote is a must if you mount in this location.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:26 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1985 MasterCraft S & S 351 w/powerslot
I have an 85 and I just installed a stereo this week. I put a steel plate in the bottom of my storage tray that is under the mirror and then mounted my waterproof stereo housing to the bottom of the tray. It is a little unhandy in that you have to raise up the observers seat back to get to it but it didn't require drilling on the dash and it is better protected there than any other place I could find that didn't require drilling. I have some surface mount speakers on order that I plan to mount on the side wall just below the gunwale right behind the driver's seat and straight across behind the observer's seat. I should be able to hide all of the wiring very easily with this setup.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:13 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 78 mastercraft
Send a message via AIM to sanddragon2004 Send a message via Yahoo to sanddragon2004
i instaleld my stereo in the glove box, mounted my amp behind the passanger seat, and built gunnels on each side to mount the 4 speakers. ill post some pics later this week.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:57 PM
aussies&s

i put this in my boat last weekend. i made the little panel from ply and put a box on the back the same size as the stereo. then fibreglassed it to seal the timber. then i carpeted it and slotted the stereo in and put the splash proof cover over it. the red switch goes straight to the battery to turn off the power of the unit. its a little awkward to get to but i had no other place to put it. the unit has a remote anyway.
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2005, 09:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '85 Stars and Stripes
make sure you don't drill through the side of the boat, the fiberglass is not double walled on our boats.
Click here if you need prayer, or wish to pray for those who do.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1991 prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies&s
i put this in my boat last weekend. i made the little panel from ply and put a box on the back the same size as the stereo. then fibreglassed it to seal the timber. then i carpeted it and slotted the stereo in and put the splash proof cover over it. the red switch goes straight to the battery to turn off the power of the unit. its a little awkward to get to but i had no other place to put it. the unit has a remote anyway.
Nice job!