Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 08-23-2005, 10:04 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: None this week!
Trick Ski

Does anyone here trick ski on 1 trick ski? I tried it for the 1st time tonight. It took me 4 starts to get up on one but really enjoyed it once I got up. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how to do tricks on one?

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
1994 ProStar 205 (current)
Old 08-23-2005, 10:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Prostar 197
Yes, I have tricked skied on one for several years now. I NOT a pro but I get along fairly well. There is (or used to be) a video out there by Cory Pickos on single trick skiing. Once you can ride the ski forward comfortably, then when right behind the boat, turn the ski perpendicular, or in trick ski terms, "side slide." Keep a tight line and keep your eyes on the pylon. Remember where the eyes go so goes the body. Once comfortable with the side slide, then attempt skiing backwards. It takes a lot of practice and a patient boat driver!!
Old 08-23-2005, 10:15 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
Mt twim sister used to get up bakwards on two trick skiis. Funny as hell as all you'd see, just before you hit the gas, was her big *** sticking out of the water.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:17 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Brosius
Yes, I have tricked skied on one for several years now. I NOT a pro but I get along fairly well. There is (or used to be) a video out there by Cory Pickos on single trick skiing. Once you can ride the ski forward comfortably, then when right behind the boat, turn the ski perpendicular, or in trick ski terms, "side slide." Keep a tight line and keep your eyes on the pylon. Remember where the eyes go so goes the body. Once comfortable with the side slide, then attempt skiing backwards. It takes a lot of practice and a patient boat driver!!
Thanks Todd!! I'll give it a whirl. I feel comfortable skiing on it and can go over the wakes just fine. I'll give that slide a try. I tried to do a 360 by jumping the wake, yeah I didn't land that one Does it help to have a back stirup on the trick ski? The one I used didn't and you just kinda put your back foot on top of the ski

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
Old 08-23-2005, 10:19 PM
MC Master Poster

BTW Todd where is Holdredge, NE? I was born in Imperial, NE and have family in Aurora, NE

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
Old 08-23-2005, 10:24 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag_Red
Mt twim sister used to get up bakwards on two trick skiis. Funny as hell as all you'd see, just before you hit the gas, was her big *** sticking out of the water.
Haha! I remember them days. I used to do the 2 trick ski thang. It was fun trying 360 table tops

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
Old 08-23-2005, 10:57 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandol
Thanks Todd!! I'll give it a whirl. I feel comfortable skiing on it and can go over the wakes just fine. I'll give that slide a try. I tried to do a 360 by jumping the wake, yeah I didn't land that one Does it help to have a back stirup on the trick ski? The one I used didn't and you just kinda put your back foot on top of the ski

The back plate/stirup will help alot because you can them use that foot for manuvering and support.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:15 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC, 209, 2002, 310 HP
Jeff, how did you start? One leg dragging? I have a set of trick ski's and I tried 2 years ago to get up on one and ended up pulling my ham string - man did it turn black and blue - still hurts at times.
That summer - just so I could get a slalom run in I had to get up on 2 and drop because I couldn't handle the pain and I didn't want to risk injury again.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:17 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by peason
Jeff, how did you start? One leg dragging? I have a set of trick ski's and I tried 2 years ago to get up on one and ended up pulling my ham string - man did it turn black and blue - still hurts at times.
That summer - just so I could get a slalom run in I had to get up on 2 and drop because I couldn't handle the pain and I didn't want to risk injury again.

Like a double boot slalom. Both feet inline just like I would on a slalom ski

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
Old 08-24-2005, 08:16 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandol
Does anyone here trick ski on 1 trick ski? I tried it for the 1st time tonight. It took me 4 starts to get up on one but really enjoyed it once I got up. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how to do tricks on one?
Jeff,
A couple of golden rules to remember when tricking. First, always keep the handle down (as low as possible) and close to the body. Second keep back straight, feet close together, and "squat" when doing tricks. By squat, I mean point your knees away from one another, like a ballet dancer. Eyes on the horizon and you should pick up all of your surface turns quickly. You need to come up to the lake sometime, I am always open to coaching new trickers or jumpers.
Greg