Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 08-21-2005, 05:50 PM
76stars_and_stripes

carb. adjustment on 76 stars and stripes

Hi,
Can anyone give me some info to help with my carb. It is a 4011 holley 600 cfm. Just rebuilt it and put it on today. Can't get it to idle. I can keep it running when I hit the front accelerator pump with my finger to give it a shot of gas. I know the carb was put together right, but where is the problem coming from. I tried adjusting the air/fuel, choke, and idle adjustment and nothing works. where to start? Also, what is the max rpm to run on the hose?
Thanks
Old 08-23-2005, 05:16 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 98 Prostar 190 Stars & Stripes, LT1
Your idle ports could be plugged up. If you have access to an air compressor and a blow gun you could remove the idle mix screws and CAREFULLY blow air into the passage ways.

If you don't have and air compressor another technique is to rev the engine way up then quickly cover the top of the carb with your hand. I like to use a shop rag. This sometimes will work after several tries.

Best O luck,
Old 08-23-2005, 07:15 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1992 Mastercraft Prostar 190
JLeuck64 is on the right track; you're getting no fuel through your idle passages, OR you have a vacuum leak. Do you have a vacuum leak?

How did you set your idle screws?

DID you set them?

-Tom