Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 01-04-2015, 12:37 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1999 Mastercraft Powerstar 200
99 Powerstar 200 restoration

I just picked up this boat a few weeks ago and have spent my free time going through it to see what needed to be done. Most everything I need I can find on the internet but there are a few thing I need some help with. Worst first...The dash components are made from something that looks like carbon fiber. My pieces are disintegrating. I'd like to replace with the same but I'm open to anything at this point. My switch panel is so bad it's just floating. Any ideas or referrals? Next up is the upholstery. I can find someone to redo the vinyl no problem - I need to find the base part of the observer seat and possibly the rear seat. The observer seat base is a large piece of plastic formed in a 90 degree to support the foam. The plastic is broken where the gas shocks mounted. I can't see any way to repair it so I need to replace it. Also the back corner base of the rear seat is badly distorted and needs to be replaced. I would think both of these seats were used on other models of the boat so this stuff should be available some where...for a price. I have no idea where to look or what to call this stuff to search the net for. The pull for the floor hatch is broken. It's a chrome or stainless rectangle. I've searched a dozen marine hardware sites and haven't found anything that might match. Anybody got a picture of a complete, working hatch pull? Also missing is the rear storage compartment latch. I'd like to match what was original if possible. The top piece that wraps around the windshield is pretty rough. Is this anodized or powder-coated? I don't know much about metal finishes but would like this to look better. This boat has never had a stereo. I found where 2 speaker cutouts are in the side panels but think there should be 2 more somewhere. Any ideas or pictures where they were installed by the factory? Thanks for the help. I can't wait to get this boat on the river.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:48 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Welcome and looking forward to watching the restoration.

Post up some pictures.. gweaver here can help you with the switch panel and check the library for sources... http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=59719

also search the site using google i.e. from google... search words site:www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk -

Many will chime in to help - also check out on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mastercraftowners/ and

https://www.facebook.com/groups/themastercraftproject/

lot's of great people with many insights.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:55 AM
TT Newbie

Thanks for the links. I've got some quotes on the dash panels from some of the links already. Any ideas on the seats bottoms/backs? I've completely struck out on that stuff. I'll see if I can figure out how to post some pictures on this site.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2015, 12:19 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
make the pictures as small as possible click on the advanced tab below to add pictures.. the paperclip icon will bring up another box to load pics.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:34 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X45
Excellent find on the new boat! Where in the southwest are you?
Old 01-14-2015, 01:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '95 BF200 Yamaha ProV 200, '94 PS190 LT1 1:1
Most (not all) of the outboards came with a radio and just 2 speakers. For adding 2 more speakers, you will just have to remove the side panels, mark the areas and make the cuts on your own. That is what I had to do on our BF200. Easy work but just take your time.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:13 PM
TT Newbie

I'm in San Diego. The boat will be used at the Colorado River outside of Yuma, Az. and occasionally at Lake Havasu. Best water in the west.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:36 PM
TT Newbie

Stripping is the first step

Here's a few pictures of the boat. It's in the shop now for some gel coat work. If someone can take a picture of the "Powerstar 200" decal located at the back of the boat on both sides I sure would appreciate it. Or if you know where I can find them to purchase please share that info.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2015, 08:04 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X14 w/ LY6
Send a pm to Mikeg on this site. He should be able to help with the decal.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:46 PM
TT Newbie

PowerStar 200 decals

Here's a picture of the decal. I couldn't get it to post in the pm. There is also a picture of the dash with a silkscreen symbol. I'd like that in a decal also.
Attached Images