Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 05-31-2012, 01:32 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X-30, 6.0L, 2500lbs of Ballast, 650lbs of Lead.
I agree with ^^^
Old 05-31-2012, 02:24 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X-46 6.0L BSO-II Gen2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddanenberger View Post
I just got my response on the outside temp issue. The BIG arrangement does not have the capability for outside air. They did not even include the capability in the wiring harness. medallion was to remove the programing but did not. I was told...If a fix ever occurs, it will be to just remove the item form the menu.
Seems to be to much cost in our "cheap boats" to include a temp sensor that costs just cent's...or just to choose a gps sensor with a temp sensor included... maybe Medallion/Mastercraft lost their programmer, or he is unable to just program the temp readout into the firmware... i don't get it...

I'm sorry Mastercraft but you seem to need to get things working on our side! All these things are not rocket/nuclear science, just get some good engineers and programmers (maybe german ) and get on it, otherwise I'll have to have lawyers breaking hell loose under my dealer by the end of summer.

Last edited by Stefan; 05-31-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X-25 6.0 Pro Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelgrad View Post
Interestingly, my 6.2 started having these exact same issues you guys are having. My boat is going in for it's 10 hour service and this hopefully will be resolved. Really could hear the squeak at low rpms, almost like a belt was slipping or something. It was still there at higher rpms but the engine noise tended to drown it out. Hmmm, the fact that we're all having the same issues is a bit concerning. I would like that BIG software upgrade as well. Hope my dealer has that available to install. Fortunately, my PP is running well and I don't have any trim tab issues. Just want everything to be dialed in and minimize these little things popping up.
I heard the same squealing noise over the Memorial weekend, the first real time we had spent in the 6.0 X-35. I did not trace it down but it sounds alot like a belt slipping. When did you take delivery of your boat? I took delivery in the latter part of april and the dealer had already installed the upgrade or patch, if you will.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
no... Just issues with zero off, BIG, and the tabs...oh any the outside temp reads 32 degrees and the shallow ware alarm goes off constantly.
What issues are you having with the tabs?
Old 05-31-2012, 07:21 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
was your engine light in the center gauge ans state "ML" ...What ever that means?

Our did the same thing over the weekend... started at 7 hours.

Mine did the same thing. Then I looked at big screen and at the bottom it read " Reminder Oil Change Needed"
Old 05-31-2012, 09:34 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25, 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, slammed and flaked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
Yes, Its the little orange engine light that says ML or NIL or what ever inside the engine outline. Its located in the large center gauge. I think the first time mine went off was around the 6 or 7 hour mark.

I am wondering if than comes on when the engine temp reaches 160 or 165F. I think the BIG temp alarm is set higher

Are you getting any squeaking from your engnie?
Mine did this yesterday as well at about 5 hours. No engine fault on BIG showing. It cleared when I restarted the engine. The Ilmor manual says it has something to do with emissions controls.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:58 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X-30 6.0L Red w/Silver Flake
2012 X45 6.0 ILMOR. I have not experienced the squeaking, but I did get the MIL engine light once when we were moving at low RPM's for a while pulling my 6 yo on a kneeboard. It then reset and turned off when we restarted the boat. The manual implied that it is related to an emissions sensor. The first time I took it out we actually threw a bunch of engine codes due to some faulty sensors, so the motor went into safety mode. We had to limp back to the dock and have the dealer fix it. For a minute I was afraid that was happening all over again. It also showed me an "F" on the gauge. Any idea what that means?

I can't get my rider profiles to load on the BIG and the dealer said they can't do anything until MC gets it figured out. VERY FRUSTRATING ON A NEW 100K + BOAT!! Not to mention very embarrassing when my Tige and Malibu owning friends are laughing at me for spending that kind of money on a new boat.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
I just got my response on the outside temp issue. The BIG arrangement does not have the capability for outside air. They did not even include the capability in the wiring harness. medallion was to remove the programing but did not. I was told...If a fix ever occurs, it will be to just remove the item form the menu.
I sure hope that this is not true!! My 07 had outside temperature. My cars all have it. I love this boat, but right now am wishing I would have bought a used '07 X45.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:05 AM
TT Enthusiast

I am not generally a negative person, and I love the layout, wake, handling of the X45. I love the power of the ILMOR 6.0. I am just disappointed at the lack of attention that has been put into small little details, and the fact that I can do nothing about it. I am sure that in the end the software bugs will be fixed, and that we will enjoy this boat for years to come, but it is hard to be patient after spending the $$ that these boats cost.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:12 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X45
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZX45OD View Post
I am not generally a negative person, and I love the layout, wake, handling of the X45. I love the power of the ILMOR 6.0. I am just disappointed at the lack of attention that has been put into small little details, and the fact that I can do nothing about it. I am sure that in the end the software bugs will be fixed, and that we will enjoy this boat for years to come, but it is hard to be patient after spending the $$ that these boats cost.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
100% agree. Ive spent 80-90k on plenty of vehicles and never had these type of problems. What gives MC? Get this stuff straight.