Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 06-26-2012, 11:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
Irritating news. Seems that the outfit I ordered the engraving stock from hasn't ordered it yet. They're waiting to get enough orders together for a 'minimum order'. If they haven't ordered it by the end of the week, I'll source material from somewhere else so I can get things going again.

Mahoney- If you have your old panel, get me a detailed, dimensioned drawing and I'll see what I can do. (if you're interested in having panels made)
G
Old 06-27-2012, 06:00 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1993 Mastercraft Maristar 225, 454 BBC
Gweaver, PM me your contact info and let me know exactly what you want and I will get to work on it. I appreciate the offer
Old 07-08-2012, 03:51 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Maristar 225 LT1
another taker for Marister Panel

Mahoney86/gweaver,
Did you guys decide to go forward on something for the 93 Maristar 225? I have a 94 and I need to replace the ignition key panel if you are doing that. Thx!
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2012, 08:50 PM
MC Fanatic

I haven't heard back from Mahoney with dimensions yet. I did get the engraving stock and will be working tomorrow and Tuesday on getting panels cut out and ready to ship for those that are interested.
Maristardd- if you can, you can get your own dimensions and send them to me and I can get going on drawing up the part. I'll need dimensions for the panel as a whole as well as sizes and locations of the various mounting holes and holes for switches and all.
G
Old 07-09-2012, 01:30 AM
TT Enthusiast

gweaver - will do on dimensions, but will be a week from now until I'm back to my Maristar to do this. Will PM you when I have it. BTW, what CAD program do you use?
Old 07-09-2012, 12:08 PM
MC Fanatic

I'm using Solidworks. Currently using 2012 version, but will be updating to 2013 towards the end of the month.
G
Old 07-15-2012, 04:17 PM
MC Fanatic

Panel update-
First production run is done.

Two people have requested slight modifications:
nkorep (switch panel + gauge panel with text only, no holes)
rjracin240 (switch panel + gauge panel with no depth gauge)
Those sets of panels are done.
I have nkorep's address and will ship pending confirmation he still wants them. I have no contact info other than email for rjracin240. If you still want them, please confirm.

Other people who have expressed an interest in the panels are:
bonk87 (I have your mailing address, PM sent)
kevin89mc (email sent to your gmail)
chrisoswald
190skier
j.mccreight@hotmail.com
d2jp
milkmania

I have 6 sets of the full panels available this run. At that point I will have run out of engraving stock. I'll do first come, first served on these sets.

If any of the above people are still interested, I need mailing addresses so I can get panels sent out. I'll send panels in a padded envelope via USPS. I can send UPS/FedEx if you specify, but that will probably increase your shipping costs.
RE: payment. I have Paypal but I'd like to ask if the purchasers will cover any associated fees. I've never been a 'seller,' so no idea what the fees are, but if you guys are willing to work with me, I'd appreciate it.

If other people want panels, I can do another run, but I'll need to order more material (different source, should be much faster to get it).

FYI, I'll be out of town from the 23rd to the 30th, so a second run, if needed, will be done when I return. Likewise, if you don't get me your mailing address in time, you'll have to wait until I get back to get your panels.

Cheers,
Greg

Last edited by gweaver; 07-15-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:37 AM
TT Enthusiast

Here a scan of my ignition panel for 94 Maristar 225. No engraving, just something to be cut. Will SolidWorks let you pull this image in, size to correct scale against ruler, then let you draw against it? Or what is easiest for you for me to give you on dimensions? I did not see that I could send image via PM, so am posting.
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2012, 10:37 AM
TT Enthusiast

I am so in on this.

All three sections please. I hope to have the dash pulled and sketeched this week, unless someone else sends you the details.

95 Maristar 225.

Thanks Rob
Old 07-16-2012, 03:33 PM
MC Fanatic

I'll do the best I can with the photo you sent, but I think a tracing would be a good start. Once I get the panels drawn, I'll send you drawings that you can print out and make sure everything matches up. I'll PM you if I have any specific questions about dimensions.
I'm going out of town next week, but in August, I'll have plenty of time to work on them.
Greg