Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 06-23-2015, 11:33 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, x45, 2006, 8.1L
Swim Platform Pad - anyone ordered this one?

Anyone ordered this? Was looking at seadek but I am disappointed they won't do the logo anymore. I came across this one.

Seems odd it would fit all those boats but I like the look.

Thoughts? Opinions? Sizing make sense?

2010 x45 is my boat

http://www.waterskis.com/553253-p/ma...atform_pad.htm
Old 06-23-2015, 11:53 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 X10 6.0L
I like the linked product you posted, but you should also check out Seadeck's Fauxteak. It was one of our favorite mods on a prior boat and can be fit with a custom template to your specific platform.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 5.7- 2006- 200 SS 5.7 -2013 X30 6.2
SeaDek Faux Teak on my 2006 X2
Attached Images

2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
Think before I post ..."Do I need to say this? Or should I just let someone else complain "
Old 06-23-2015, 03:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post
SeaDek Faux Teak on my 2006 X2
Lash from the posts I have read you are officially the last person to get the seadek with the MC logo and badge in it (and we all envy you).

They won't do them that way anymore. I do like the faux teak, quite a bit actually but there is just something about having the Mastercraft on it that was appealing with the other one.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:07 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
Sorry MC, but since you can't get/give MasterCraft any extra "Free advertising" now, why not take this opportunity to personalize your boat.

When mine is shot and needs replacement The logo will be "MattsCraft" in a design of my choice
Old 06-24-2015, 08:43 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsCraft View Post
Sorry MC, but since you can't get/give MasterCraft any extra "Free advertising" now, why not take this opportunity to personalize your boat.

When mine is shot and needs replacement The logo will be "MattsCraft" in a design of my choice
Well dangit if I had a cool name like that it would make total sense. DrewCraft doesn't quite have the same ring.

Your point is well taken however. Agreed that MC's obsession with simple decals and swim pads that are purchased 99.9% of the time by true MC lovers or people that want to improve the look of their boats or heaven forbid advertise some MC love is insane. I understand protecting the name and people paying big money for the rights to produce that stuff but still.

So I have a black and yellow boat (new to me x45) shown. I thought something complete different might be cool as well. What do you think of this Hydro Turf stuff? I thought the Yellow Camo would be pretty sweet.
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2015, 08:54 AM
TT Regular

Boat: current-07 X2, past-02 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
Hydro Turf stuff?
I had a really awful experience with hydroturf but it was with the 2ply turf. It seperated between the plys and on hot days I would have massive bubbles form in the platform. They fessed up to it being an issue and sent me a new sheet. After stripping the entire platform for a second time (hours of tedious crap) the second sheet did the same thing. Not a fan
Old 06-24-2015, 09:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
I had a really awful experience with hydroturf but it was with the 2ply turf. It seperated between the plys and on hot days I would have massive bubbles form in the platform. They fessed up to it being an issue and sent me a new sheet. After stripping the entire platform for a second time (hours of tedious crap) the second sheet did the same thing. Not a fan
Hmmm, well that is certainly good to know. I can't tell from their site if the yellow camo is a 2-ply or not. That sucks, I know it won't be a simple process to remove and replace I sure as hell won't want to do it twice. The Yellow Camo has the asterik which says *WILL FADE quickly and rapidly". Umm, why would you make a product for the sun that will do that?

I might just go the way 10,000 others have recommended with the seadek. Was thinking of being a trendsetter....
Old 06-24-2015, 09:20 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, X7, 2004, Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeyman76 View Post
Well dangit if I had a cool name like that it would make total sense. DrewCraft doesn't quite have the same ring.

Your point is well taken however. Agreed that MC's obsession with simple decals and swim pads that are purchased 99.9% of the time by true MC lovers or people that want to improve the look of their boats or heaven forbid advertise some MC love is insane. I understand protecting the name and people paying big money for the rights to produce that stuff but still.

So I have a black and yellow boat (new to me x45) shown. I thought something complete different might be cool as well. What do you think of this Hydro Turf stuff? I thought the Yellow Camo would be pretty sweet.
DID SOMEONE SAY YELLOW CAMO?!?! YES PLEASE!
Coming from someone who is obsessed with yellow.... DO IT!
Old 06-24-2015, 09:23 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, X7, 2004, Yellow
My buddy has a new Ski Nautique 200V and he has this type of foam on his rear platform. Only issue I have seen is that it really scratches up bad from wakeboards/skis when people get in the water. He is very particular about his boat and has taught his kids to get in with out scratching the foam but it's going to happen regardless..
Anyone else have this problem?