Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 08-20-2005, 04:48 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: None this week!
What setup to buy?

Now that I have the boat I want I want to get some gear for friends and family to use when they are here. I am not really big into wakeboarding but enjoy it as a hobby. I need to add, I am competitive and like to excel in everything I do.

What would make a good board for me to learn on ( I can jump wake to wake and ride comfortable thats it) and also make a good board for visitors to ride on? I don't want to spend a fortune for a boot board combo.

Any advice?

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
1994 ProStar 205 (current)
Old 08-20-2005, 04:48 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
Have you looked on ebay or ski-it-again?
Old 08-20-2005, 04:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X2 Switch Blue and White
A great set up with nice adjustable boots and a great 3 stage board is the Hyperlight State. One of the guys I ski and board with upgraded this year to the STATE and I rode it our last time out. The board was extremely stable, yet with the 3 stage rocker, it got HUGE pop when you loaded it. I board on a Parks with Liquid Force Alphas which was considerably more and I almost liked his set up better. At $400 for the entire set up. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better combination of boots and board for the money. With the end of season almost on the horizon, a YE closeout may get you a great deal. Good luck
Old 09-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Leroy

Hoosier Bob has a board I like, nice lace ups, and good stable ride, cannot remember the name, maybe he can say. Think he paid ~$130 online for it.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:13 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 06 197 1.26:1 MCX (Gone but not forgotten)
I fall just as hard and just as often, regardless of the board ... Hyperlite and Liquid Force are the brands we have for wakeboarding and surfing ... my brother loves his liquid force bindings but he is more into the sport than I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandol
Now that I have the boat I want I want to get some gear for friends and family to use when they are here. I am not really big into wakeboarding but enjoy it as a hobby. I need to add, I am competitive and like to excel in everything I do.

What would make a good board for me to learn on ( I can jump wake to wake and ride comfortable thats it) and also make a good board for visitors to ride on? I don't want to spend a fortune for a boot board combo.

Any advice?