Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 04-14-2015, 12:58 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1990 ProStar190
1990 Pro Star 190 rear seat

I have inherited this boat but it is missing the back seat and I want to put one back in it. So my questions are: does anyone have a seat for sale or know where I can get one? or does anyone have an old seat that that we can use as a template to make a new one? or does anyone have or know of any plans or schematic for building a new one? or any other creative ideas for the rear seat configuration...maybe 2 corner seats with an opening in middle for access over the transom? seat storage options? Thanks.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
I rebuilt my rear seat about two years ago. I went with a wood base covered with carpet. Three cushions across the back, with storage under the left and right cushions and a removable center cushion to make getting in and out easier. A friend and I knocked the cushions together in a rather quick and dirty manner. Obviously not super great looking, but they've held up so far- I just needed something to get me through until I could get the interior redone. Which is happening right now!!

My seat back is at the upholsterer, so I can't get any measurements for you, but I would imagine someone else here could help out with that.

G
Old 04-14-2015, 07:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
I did the same as geweaver. These photos were taken before the box was carpeted, but you get the idea. I was really not impressed with the original Mastercraft solution...no support under the center of the seat is just asking for trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2015, 10:34 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
That's a nice job- I like the extra access under the center seat. Good place to put small stuff without having to lift cushions.
G
Old 04-15-2015, 04:21 AM
TT Newbie

Great! I love the seat step cushion idea. Thx.
Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM
TT Newbie

rear seat build?

Could you provide any more info on your seat construction? The base is pretty simple, but how did you make the form for the corner backs? and what kind of foam? Thx
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvenom View Post
Could you provide any more info on your seat construction? The base is pretty simple, but how did you make the form for the corner backs? and what kind of foam? Thx

I didn't make the seat backs...they're original. The space under the center cushion is the storage ...for the center cushion. Here's a better shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
That is nice work