Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 05-17-2012, 06:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
Pics and advice on board X30

Here are a few pics of my son on our first outing and the last is myself. Sorry they don't really display the entire wave. The pics were taken by one of my other kids. I bought the Inland Surfer Squirt hoping that my kids 7, 10, 13 and my wife 130lb and myself 225lb could ride it. I figured that if it was too small for me, I'd just have to buy a separate board for myself. The wave is made with an 02 X30 with a 750 bag in the starboard locker and full KGB. The boat has a trim plate and I think it was about a quarter down. Honestly, I'm not really good enough at reading the wake to tell the difference yet on the plate settings. The PP was set on 10.5mph. My son got to the point where he could drop the rope for short periods but I never could. My thoughts are that at my level, I just need a bigger board.

I was thinking about the '12 Hyperlite Broadcast 5'6" for myself. I just can't justify the coin on a larger Inland Surfer model. Any thoughts? Any comments on the wave or how to improve it. Thanks.
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2012, 11:29 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MC
You guys are off to a good start! A board for you! Get the XXX Nitro 5.0. It is epoxy, durable and fast. You will probably be able to ride that Inland Surfer once you progress and get that wave dialed in!

Your wave looks long, but not tall.

1. Try the trim tab all the way up (trim tab down could be flattening and killing your wave.)
2. With the same ballast set up and 10 MPH verified by GPS. Download a free GPS Speed app for our iPhone. I use Speed Box Free.
3. Make sure ALL of the passengers are on the starboard side of the boat. Most of them behind the driver. Maybe 1-2 in the bow. Get that rub rail close to the water!

A little more height to your wave will give you a lot of push to catch the wave. Play around with the speed from 9.5-11 MPH! Good luck!

Last edited by sand2snow22; 05-17-2012 at 11:33 PM.