Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-30-2004, 08:10 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '94 PS205 LT1
Lake Herrington, KY ???

Anyone heard of this? May be visiting a buddy nearby and was wondering if it is good skiing. (a bit SW of Lexington). Looks like a dammed up river probably wide enough to ski for a while. Looking for safe, deep water and maybe a course.... Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:00 AM
TT Admin

Boat: I can check-out any MC boat - why own?
Lake Herrington was 5 minutes away from where I went to school. It is a damned up valley (very deep) and does not get much traffic on it. I went down there one time and there was a lot of debris in the water so I'm not too sure how that will work out for you. They might have a course on the lake but I wouldn't bet on it. Most of the people there are good ol boys and I doubt too many of them take skiing as a serious recreation. But then again...you never know.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, Maristar 210 openbow, 1990, 351W
Iíve been there a few times. After a rainy period there will definitely be debris in the water. Wide enough for good runs, but traffic could be an issue since there are not really any coves or creeks to run up. From my standpoint, not really worth the effort. In my opinion, it is worth the extra hour drive to Lake Cumberland. I would prefer the Kentucky River over Herrington.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:56 PM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Sort of interesting that you guys are talking about this lake. I came across a real estate add that offered some lake front property at Herrington. Definitely cheap cheap real estate.
http://lakehouse.com/page-1997.html

Last edited by MarkP; 08-30-2004 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:41 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: None this week!
Ben

Go to Laurel Lake. Wife and I went there 2 weekends ago. It is beatiful, not to packed (guys don't tell everybody and their brother about this one ok?) and it's a big lake. Water is clean and there's always good coves with smooth water. Oh, and yes, it has a course!!