Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-10-2012, 09:17 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft 2012 X-55, 7.4L
Angry HELP - Terrible Customer Service

I recently received my new X-55 and it is a mess. It was missing the cover, bow filler cushion, ski platform and cockpit table. I have no idea how this boat got through your QC process. There was a dime size chip in the transom gel coat, the ski locker door was cracked, the trailer paint has many blemishes and the speakers didn’t work. These issues have been known for several weeks. My dealer can get “NO” answers on when I will receive the missing components and has been very slow to react to open issues.

I left a voicemail for Parker Stair. I do hope he calls me back. If anyone has any recomendations on how to resolve these issues please let me know.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:24 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 prostar 205
Holy cow I'm shocked who is the dealer!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:51 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Why in the world would you take delivery of that boat in that condition? Would you do that for a new car? I bet all those issues would have been done within a couple days had you not signed the check.

Most poeple will tell you these issues need to be resolved by the dealer. You can however try to contact MasterCraft directly but I've heard that isn't so easy. Another option would be to try another dealer.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:59 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
wow, first sorry to hear that. second hmm, this is your first post ever on team talk and it's about what a horrible customer service is.

it's usually best to work with your dealer to get everything resolved before posting something like this on a forum.

best of luck with getting everything taken care of.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:01 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu View Post
wow, first sorry to hear that. second hmm, this is your first post ever on team talk and it's about what a horrible customer service is.

it's usually best to work with your dealer to get everything resolved before posting something like this on a forum.

best of luck with getting everything taken care of.
Sounds like he's tried working with the dealer, as he noted they've been incredibly slow to deal with things and can't seem to give him answers.

Either way - hopefully your experience turns around and things get sorted out!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:03 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
hmmm!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:10 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill X-55 View Post
I recently received my new X-55 and it is a mess. It was missing the cover, bow filler cushion, ski platform and cockpit table. I have no idea how this boat got through your QC process. There was a dime size chip in the transom gel coat, the ski locker door was cracked, the trailer paint has many blemishes and the speakers didn’t work. These issues have been known for several weeks. My dealer can get “NO” answers on when I will receive the missing components and has been very slow to react to open issues.

I left a voicemail for Parker Stair. I do hope he calls me back. If anyone has any recomendations on how to resolve these issues please let me know.
Where in the Southeast are you located?
Old 05-10-2012, 10:24 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
My dealer can get “NO” answers on when I will receive the missing components and has been very slow to react to open issues.

Sorry, but this is all that I needed to hear...... Your dealer "can" get answers to this stuff. They are not trying!!

Also, all of the stuff that your boat is missing, are items that are packaged seperately, until the boat gets to your dealer..... At that point, the dealer is to install all of that.

No offense Bill, because what you are saying could be very true..... But this is your first post, and I have a VERY hard time believing that any dealer would deliver an X55 without the Platform on it..... Much less, any of the other stuff you mentioned. Normally when you see a post like this....It is a troll posting....
Old 05-10-2012, 10:28 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 PS 190 w/ mini tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
Sorry, but this is all that I needed to hear...... Your dealer "can" get answers to this stuff. They are not trying!!

Also, all of the stuff that your boat is missing, are items that are packaged seperately, until the boat gets to your dealer..... At that point, the dealer is to install all of that.

No offense Bill, because what you are saying could be very true..... But this is your first post, and I have a VERY hard time believing that any dealer would deliver an X55 without the Platform on it..... Much less, any of the other stuff you mentioned. Normally when you see a post like this....It is a troll posting....
Thank you for saying that! I had the same gut reaction as well. NO dealer even if the components were not delivered from the factory, or with those defects would release it. Dealers also have a QC checklist that they go over before delivery of a new boat.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:31 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIskier View Post
Thank you for saying that! I had the same gut reaction as well. NO dealer even if the components were not delivered from the factory, or with those defects would release it. Dealers also have a QC checklist that they go over before delivery of a new boat.
Being the Devil's advocate, in theory, yes. In practice, not always- especially when a dealer is short-handed and extremely busy. However, that scenario is a recipe for disaster for a manufacturer and its dealerships.

Last edited by JimN; 05-10-2012 at 10:41 AM.