Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 08-11-2016, 05:18 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001, 205v
205v blower

There has been a lot of talk about blowers lately. When we are surfing and I am not the driver. We usually take water through my blower vents over the back. Has anybody come up with any good ideas on mounting their blower to keep water from flooding through the pipe? Currently the PO took the blower out of my 205v and I'm looking to put one back in. I have no idea where the factory location is. All I know is I don't have a blower and need one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2016, 05:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 99 Prostar 205v 330 LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKralk83 View Post
There has been a lot of talk about blowers lately. When we are surfing and I am not the driver. We usually take water through my blower vents over the back. Has anybody come up with any good ideas on mounting their blower to keep water from flooding through the pipe? Currently the PO took the blower out of my 205v and I'm looking to put one back in. I have no idea where the factory location is. All I know is I don't have a blower and need one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is mounted beneath the starboard engine mount with a run of vent hose to one vent, the other vent just has vent hose down to the bottom of the bilge. Get one fitted ASAP also check the front vent hoses actually vents to the bilge they come loose or split.