Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-23-2013, 07:32 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Duck Dynasty

OK, I'm sure, unless you're in a cave somewhere, that pretty much everybody has heard of the Duck Dynasty, Phil Roberson fiasco. I've been reading everything I can about this and have formed my own opinion. I'd like to hear ya'lls. To me, the Robersons have not ONE thing to gain by continuing with DD on A&E network. Screw that damn network. What Phil said, may have been a lil harsh, but by no means did he actually call anybody out, and he damn sure didn't say that anybody was going to Heaven or Hell because of their lifestyle. He actually said that, that decision was up to the almighty himself. It amazes how people, (mostly the Leftist) can misconstrue the facts and turn everything around to suit their way of thinking. And how about the real prize Charlie Sheen jumping on the bandwagon against Phil Roberson? What a douche! This idiot is an uneducated daddy's boy. If it weren't for his daddy, he'd probably be in some street gang, or hooked on drugs (oh wait, he is, sorry) or dead by now. And he's got the gall to Call Phil Roberson a back woods dumba$$! HA!!!!!!!
It wouldn't hurt my feeling if DD took their lil clan and told A&E to go blow a duckcall! You know there's other networks chomping at the bit to pick up the most highly rated show in cable history!
Old 12-23-2013, 08:26 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Pretty near every network would pick them up. Like you said, screw A&E.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 96 ProStar 190 LT1
If it is reality...let it continue to be reality. Hey Phil..."be yourself"...but here are the things you can't say.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:03 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X2
GQ sells magazines and nothing sells magazines faster than this.

A&E needs Duck Dynasty a thousand times more the Duck Dynasty needs them!
Old 12-23-2013, 09:15 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Attached Images

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 12-24-2013, 09:24 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Planet, you NEED to run for SOME office! Time to give back instead of always griping!
Old 12-24-2013, 09:35 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X14 photo boat, 1993 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Phil expressed his first amendment rights, those rights that our founders wanted to make sure we all had. Personally, I'm 90-95% in line with Phil and his beliefs

I am amazed at how the liberal left wants to crucify him over expressing his first amendment rights ... They should quit A&E, get out of their contract,mane go somewhere else

I enjoy their show ... Honest, no cussing, belief in God and how the end every episode with a prayer

Go Phil go!
Old 12-24-2013, 09:52 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
I agree that Phil has the right to say what he wants to say. You can't please everyone. At the same time, everyone is entitled to their beliefs. Just because I believe one thing, doesn't mean you have to criticize me for it, just bc I don't see things your way. Why is it that the gay community seems to always make a big stink out of things? Seems very similar to the Chik-Fil A thing that happened earlier this summer. It only made everyone support Chik-Fil A even more, which seems to me to be the case with the Robertsons.

I believe that the "Duck Dynasty" belongs to A&E, if I am not mistaken and the Robertsons own the Duck Commander and Buck Commander name. For this reason, I am not buying anything that has the Duck Dynasty name attached to it.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:56 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 Maristar 200VRS X2
GQ set him up, he could not win with any answer.

If A&E does not fix this, it will be one of the biggest mistakes in TV programing in years. Another network (Discovery, History, Spike, etc) will pick up the show in a second.

I don't watch a lot of TV but I do get a chuckle from DD.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:16 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1981 MasterCraft 351W slot
I'm just glad to see the massive support of Phil Robertson for what this country seems to be lacking lately, Christian values and the right of a person to speak his or her mind.