Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 05-01-2012, 02:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Prostar 214, MCX, Mini-Tower
Unhappy Perfect Pass engine connector? where is it?

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install the DBW Perfect Pass in my 2008 Prostar 214. A little background ... I ordered my 214 without the VDIG. So I have very basic MC Cruise Control on this boat currently.

I bought a DBW box, gauge, cables for a Perfect Pass DBW / paddlewheel installation.

So far so good but I cannot find the 3x3 Mat-n-Lock connector under my dash or behind the kick panel at my footwell. I have looked for a while ... and all the connectors down there are deutsch but not Mat-N-Lock ..... maybe I am blind.

I do find a PPASS fuse, etc ..... I called PerfectPass and spoke to Gary and he said it should be there ..... or maybe not since I did not order the VDIG? ...... hmmm .... I'll go outside and look again but I am stumped.

Any hints? ..... if anyone else has a 214 without VDIG and they don't mind checking behind their kick panel, I will happily send a reward beer.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide,

Lost Engine Harness - Columbus, OH

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
Old 05-01-2012, 03:29 PM

Boat: 06 X30
In this post the first picture shows the pre-wired PP connector in my 06. This should be the one you are looking for.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...hlight=perfect
Old 05-01-2012, 03:34 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
In this post the first picture shows the pre-wired PP connector in my 06. This should be the one you are looking for.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...hlight=perfect
Thank you very much for your post .... yep that is exactly what I am looking for .... but to quote Bono "I still haven't found what I am looking for ....... "

I do not see that guy ... I am even starting to trace the wires 1 by 1 and I think I am going to splice in my own harness for the DBW ....

Old 05-01-2012, 03:43 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Sorry, I'm not familiar with 214s so I can't say where to look. On my X30 it breaks out of the main loom behind the dash.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:20 PM
MC Devotee

Bumping this thread back on top ... I have the dsh display, I have the DBW control box ... I just don't have a connector in my boat to plug in to .... my dealer took a shot at contacting MC but no real response so far this Summer ... anyone out there have any guidance on which wires and where I would splice in my speed control?

To sum it up ... my 214 did NOT come with VDIG and I cannot locate the White Perfect Pass Mat-n_lock connector that PP states I should have .... I have looked in other boats and always find the white connector ... it appears to be absent on mine ....

Anyone? any ideas or is my PP dream dead?

Thanks in advance. You guys are the best!

Old 04-23-2013, 11:48 AM
MC Devotee

Hi everyone ... trying to re-hash this thread.

In short, I worked with the dealer, compared my boat to other 214/X14 and my particular 214 does not have the Perfect Pass connector so I can upgrade to PP. I know it is supposed to be there but many have looked and failed including the dealer that I trust.

so if you were me would you?
1. Give up the dream and just use MC cruise?
2. Get wiring guidance and splice in a connector to my existing MCX engine and then use the DBW components I have purchased? (I have a PP guage and DBW computer) I just cannot plug them in to my harness.
3. Contact MC and ask why my boat does not have it? I am not even sure I can complain if it doesn't? I assumed a 2008 MCX would have it ... but since I did not have VDIG maybe I got a weird harness ...

Any other ideas before I kill the dream?

Peace.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 214V
I can look in my boat this weekend and see I find something that will help you. I have a 2009 214v that MC states did not come with VDIG but it's definitely in the boat. It has two cruise controls installed somehow (MC Cruise?) and PP installed some how. Here is the thread where I chased an issue with my trim tab that I never did get fixed. http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...highlight=trim Trim tab works but still wont show up on VDIG... I may be your best shot since according to MC my boat did not come with a VDIG (but has it) and it also has PP (Star Gazer Three Event Edition) seperate from the VDIG installed in the instrument panel.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:39 PM
MC Devotee

Thanks JMW, I would appreciate it ....

Old 04-27-2013, 09:54 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 214V
Ok, looked at my boat and I don't have that connector under my instrument panel anywhere. The two cruise controls are PP and Zero Off though I just couldn't recall without looking at the boat. I pulled the gauge panel and found the harness that plugs into Zero Off (sorry I thought it was perfect pass outside of the VDIG) Perfect Pass is installed through the VDIG pic below and followed the wires out of the instrument panel and the entire plug/wire cluster from Zero Off enters the gunnel traveling towards back which goes right by the throttle control. I wonder if somehow the connector you are looking for is near the throttle since they are drive by wire... You might pull the switch panel above the throttle control and look in there to see if the connector is there. Sorry I didn't have time to pull that and chase the wires down the gunnel this morning. I can look again if you don't find it on another day when I have more time, possibly tomorrow.
Attached Images

Last edited by jmw; 04-27-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:21 AM
MC Devotee

JMW, first off let me say thank you for taking the time to pull gauges an so forth. Thank you very much. The only panel I have not pulled off is the driver side throttle panel. I know wires go back there so i may give a try ..... Based on other harnesses I don't expect to see the connector behind that panel, but I am always willing to be wrong. I will probably take a look later today or Sunday.

If you are easily able to trace your wires then let me know what you find, but please don't feel obligated or take apart your sweet boat on my account. I appreciate your efforts already.

Thank you.