Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 04-19-2015, 10:37 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 89 Tristar
lifting a tristar

I have an 89 tristar that I bought last spring. Our family had a blast with it. It was in ruff shape. Slowly I've been bringing her back. In the process I found that the bottom has a lot of small gel coat blisters. Only a couple have broken open. Most of them I can sand down to the point that I cant feel them any more without sanding through the gel coat color. After researching my options I've decided that I'm going to fix them and then paint below the rub rail with imron. I've got the trailer out from under it and its blocked up. It's not very high off the ground though. I have access to a mobile hoist that auto body guys use to lift cars about 3' high. I am planning on positioning it under the boat and putting a custom block that I would make out of wood that matches the shape of the hull on each pad then locating them directly under the stringers assuming the engine would be the center of gravity. Does anyone have any concerns with my plan?