Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 05-06-2012, 08:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X-25 6.0 Pro Package
Question Engine Compartment Blower

What do you guys do with blower? Do you leave it on all the time or turn it off after startup? Book says run for 4 minutes before starting motor then while idling. I am afraid I will get busy with the person in the water and not start it. If the thing can handle continuous running then that seems like the thing to do.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:43 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 230 VRS
If you run it a lot you'll likely need to replace it every few seasons as they are pretty cheaply made. I run mine a lot. In my boat at least it's a standard 3" Attwood turbo 3000 which can be had for less than $20 and is sold pretty much anywhere that has a decent selection of boat stuff.

The thing that kills them faster than anything is being regularly submerged in water. So, if you have a real leaky packing nut or end up with 3-4" of water in the bilge whenever you go out it will likely sound like it's full of rocks after a season.

Anyway I've pretty much come to the conclusion that it's another consumable item. I've owned my boat for 2.5 seasons and have replaced my blower twice due to it sounding like its full of rocks. I pretty much run it the whole time we wakeboard.