Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-03-2013, 09:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Prostar 205; 1996 Sea-doo GTX
don't forget the islands at the turns. Helps keep the wake down when you go back for a second pass. This is awesome! Only one here is from a borrow pond near the interstate overpass. Skied it once and it was cool. He has since added an island about 15 years later.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Matercraft Prostar 190, LTR330,powerslot,PP,heater
they will be half way tomorrow night. If they keep going at this rate it should be 6 days for two machines and approximately 33000 tonnes shifted Just have to pull my finger out with our scraper and dig some more drainage and organize a pump.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X5 2001. 310hp preditor
Gidday Mate,

That looks brilliant! was on the Murray River in Echuka over easter and was just wishing I had access to a nice stretch of water! Just back from a business trip to Adelaide and a quick trip the Murray Bridge to check it out looking for that perfect ski spot..... and then I see you building your own. NICE!!

If you plan to hold a ceremonial lake opening let us know, will bring the X5, family and a slab or two to celebrate!!

PS where in SA are you? might be a long drive from Melbourne...
Old 04-04-2013, 05:20 AM
TT Enthusiast

Hi Mark, I am close to Naracoorte, so am just over half way between Adelaide and Melbourne. We have been up North of Murray Bridge skiing this year. I will try and remember to give you an invite when we crank up the lake. Do you ever drive to Adelaide or always fly?
Hope I get a reasonably wet Winter or it will be a non event
Old 04-05-2013, 05:52 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X5 2001. 310hp preditor
Naracoorte! A little piece of paradise with a handfull of world class wine farms arround you!!! Know it & love it! Sometimes I fly to Adelaide, and when I need to see customers in Mt Gambier / Bordertown I drive through with a short stop to pick up some wine!

Also need a wet winter in Vic to fill Lake Eildon as well! Happy building!!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:20 AM
TT Enthusiast

Just thought I would check in again. Dam is all but finished, about 3 hours to go in the morning. Ended up being 12'6" deep (to top of bank) probably about 11' of water. I have a sump dug on the outside on the Southern end to pump out of and we are lasering some drains with our scraper tomorrow. On the search for a pump now. Looking at either the self priming type flood pump in 8" or a propellor type pump. Thinking of running an electric motor on it as I can use a large generator for other things on my property. That way I haven't got a 40hp diesel engine sitting there doing nothing for 11.1/2 months of the year, no battery or radiator to maintain.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:40 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
here's a buddy's place we get out to once in a while....
googlemaps winter pics
Attached Images

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 04-11-2013, 06:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft prostar 197 tournament team 2003, 310 predator, zeroflex mini tower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermegan View Post
Hi, Just thought I would report in to let you know I haven't given up on my lake, just been waiting for a contractor and the right weather. 450m*100m*3.75m deep. The Carry buckets are cheaper than running my own scraper so the contractors get the work
Hi Peter,
I'm not sure what your intend to use the lake for, but as "Eastie" mentioned back early in this thread, 450m is too short for a slalom lake. The course with 55m pre gates is 369m that only leaves you 40.5m from either end for run in to course, (if skier is hard against the bank less say 14m rope = 26.5m run in from boat pylon).
Even with a 8 Buoy overlapping course, it still wouldn't be long enough.
I may be way out of line with advice, I'd just hate to see you waste time & money, and not get your desired lake.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:44 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
here's a buddy's place we get out to once in a while....
googlemaps winter pics
now that's livin'...
Old 04-11-2013, 06:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieMC View Post
Hi Peter,
I'm not sure what your intend to use the lake for, but as "Eastie" mentioned back early in this thread, 450m is too short for a slalom lake. The course with 55m pre gates is 369m that only leaves you 40.5m from either end for run in to course, (if skier is hard against the bank less say 14m rope = 26.5m run in from boat pylon).
Even with a 8 Buoy overlapping course, it still wouldn't be long enough.
I may be way out of line with advice, I'd just hate to see you waste time & money, and not get your desired lake.
I actually am not intending to put in a course first up. I have a young family and wife that are enjoying the free skiing, tubing and wakeboarding. We also entertain a lot and teach a lot of people watersports for the first time. A good friend of mine has a dam which is 320m by 60m with a shortened course (gates and 4 bouys) and it is quite usable. It is enough for you to get some practise through a course. The dam has worked out so cheap I do wish I had stretched it another 80m already , but this can be done with my own machine later if I am that determined. Probably important to note that this dam will drain water off of my property as a first priority, have some fish and yabbies, be used as a ski lake (our local lake is now too shallow)and at the end of the season I hope to use it for a starter irrigation over 80ha, so it is not a dedicated slalom skiers retreat. Have fun