Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 04-26-2012, 12:10 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
2012 Slalom Ski Thread

Ok let's make a thread to track people's improvement over the 2012 summer. Let's make this a just for grins Team Talk competition to drive everyone to add bouys or increase speed to improve everyone's skiing ability.

Any and every skiing ability can participate. So if you are just learning or tearing up -38, let's all post up your scores and push eachother to the next level of ability.

The only rule is that we go by the honor system and try to really improve skiing ability.

One last thing I want to include......since there is only bragging rights involved and I want to see all abilities participating, bouy count doesn't mean a thing. What matters is added bouys. So if you are busting 2 at -35 and only add 3-4 bouys great job but if someone else starts out with 3 at -15 and improves to -28, that individual will win bragging rights. This is the only way to improve everyone's ability and will in courage beginners to compete against the shortliners.

If anyone wants to add ideas to this friendly competition then add your ideas.

By the way I haven't had a set since September 2011 and I know some of you have started 2012 already. Just post up where you started out at the beginning of this year.

Game on guys an gals ski hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 04-26-2012, 07:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 19Skier
Fantastic idea Kyle! I'll play along, once the boat's in
Old 04-26-2012, 12:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 PS 190, 02 Wakesetter VLX
Sounds Great, too bad it will take me 2 months to get back to where I was at the end of last year. I have only been out once, and it was only a free ski.

2011 PB: 3 @ 38, 34mph
2011 Tournament PB: 4 @ 35, 34 MPH
Practice average: 3 @35

FWIW, I would love to pick up 3-4 bouys this year in all 3 cases. If I could just loose 10 lbs, it would be a lot easier

Last edited by jamisonsbrodie; 04-26-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 PM
MC Maniac

I ski 34 mph now but am supposed to ski 36 since I'm 31 years old. I can run 36 and do every once in a while for grins but since I fractured 4 Vertabre in my back and rupsured 3 discs in my neck in 2006 I've never practiced at 36 again in fear I will go out the front again an really hurt myself again.

2006 PB 4@-35 at 36mph

2006 PB 3.5@-39.5 at 34mph crashed going into 4 and hurt my back pretty bad read above

Last year I ran 4@-38 at 34mph.

Haven't put on a ski since September or October 2011 can't remember exact date.

Let's all have fun with this friendly competition

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

Last edited by Kyle; 04-26-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:16 PM
MC Maniac

I also want to say for you guys running longer line lengths.

It is extremely hard to add 3 bouys when you are running -35 and shorter. It is a LOT easier to pick up 6 or more bouys at a longer length than it is to add them at a shorter length. So this is anyone's game. Please don't be afraid or intimidated to participate knowing that we have a few guys running short line. Honestly I don't see a shortline guy winning bragging rights. I see someone either speeding the boat up or someone running -15 or -22 taking 2012 bragging rights.

Oh and for the beginners how you score speeding the boat up goes like this.

Say you can run the course but can only run it at 28mph and you progress to 32mph or 34 mph. Every pass adds bouy count for you guys because you are improving and that is all that matters here.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-26-2012, 01:22 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamisonsbrodie View Post
Sounds Great, too bad it will take me 2 months to get back to where I was at the end of last year. I have only been out once, and it was only a free ski.

2011 PB: 3 @ 38, 34mph
2011 Tournament PB: 4 @ 35, 34 MPH
Practice average: 3 @35

FWIW, I would love to pick up 3-4 bouys this year in all 3 cases. If I could just loose 10 lbs, it would be a lot easier
I can't believe you are skiing in that cold water up north. It's too cold still here for me in Texas and we are in the mid 80' low 90's already. I'm a baby when it comes to cold water.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-26-2012, 02:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 PS 190, 02 Wakesetter VLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I can't believe you are skiing in that cold water up north. It's too cold still here for me in Texas and we are in the mid 80' low 90's already. I'm a baby when it comes to cold water.
Well, this year I'm really not yet, but I ski the best in cold water. My skiing goes dowhill in July/early august when the water temps go over 80, which sucks because that is exactly when regionals and nationals are. I ski the best in 65-75 degree water, as my ski rides higher and faster.

Oh, and drysuits are a must spring and fall!

Last edited by jamisonsbrodie; 04-26-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:15 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
I've never been on a slalom ski in my life, but I'm excited to get out there this year!

I'm not sure if the lake I go on has a slalom course or not though...

I should add that I have ski'd on two in the past, but the boat I used to have couldn't pull me up from a deepwater start on just 1. I shouldn't have that problem anymore For anyone that snow ski's, what should I NOT be doing on a water ski that I do on snow skis?

Last edited by mzimme; 04-26-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:17 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
One may also want to list the amount of beers consumed for each pass
Old 04-26-2012, 03:23 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70 View Post
One may also want to list the amount of beers consumed for each pass
Wait... you count?