Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 04-22-2012, 10:21 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Never seen or heard of a custom made MasterCraft trailer before. Is that after market? Also, never thought they used leather, though I am familiar with UltraLeather, which is a good fake, so I could see that. The fact that these things seem slightly off, (and I could be wrong on both counts), along with the engine being toasted this early, rusted, and currently in pieces, would make me run at nearly any price. Rusted block makes me think likely electrical issues.
Not trying to bash you or your boat, just looking at it critically as if I wanted use it as a reliable source of fun for my family and friends. Totally agree with getting it fixed to sell. Noone wants to buy a broken toy.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:09 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
Manifolds got a hole in them and i kept using it thru the end of the season. Engine just got beat up.
That comment right there would make me never want to buy that boat
Quote:
Never seen or heard of a custom made MasterCraft trailer before. Is that after market? Also, never thought they used leather, though I am familiar with UltraLeather, which is a good fake, so I could see that.
I think hes just misspeaking there on the "leather"....hopefully

Get the boat fixed and sell it. Personally someone telling me something is wrong means nothing. With Saltwater and abuse it could be a money pit. If thats really the only thing wrong with the boat its a good price but too many aggrivating factors say that won't be it. Remember most people are marrying the previous owner.......not the boat

Sorry if thats a d*** thing to say but when you start out with "manifolds got a hole in them and I kept using the boat" you are not inspiring a boat owner who took care of anything. Its a shame with such a nice boat

Last edited by 02ProstarSammyD; 04-22-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:05 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: MAstercraft 2004 X2
Was only used in Salt water. The boat is bottom painted. There is no fresh water within Hundreds of miles from me. I have the engine flush to help protect it, but clearly it was not enough
Old 04-22-2012, 02:26 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Let me ease your pain here a little

Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay. For a point of reference to start out, that boat with no engine and all saltwater use, I'd give no more than $6,000 for the hull, tower, and stereo. The rest of it is moot without an engine and the exposure to salt, and the care given to the boat (from your confessions) would detere me to put a lot of money into a certainty of a moneypit for replacement of components and engine.

I'd be inclined to consider parting it out, i.e tower, stereo, interior to others that need it, etc..... (don't count on the risers with the holes )

Just my $0.02 and no insult or gig intended. You neglected that boat and it's just not worth a lot to meticulous owners that reside here (excluding the wheel barrow challenged).

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 04-22-2012, 04:48 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterwake1987 View Post
Was only used in Salt water. The boat is bottom painted. There is no fresh water within Hundreds of miles from me. I have the engine flush to help protect it, but clearly it was not enough
IMHO, keep that boat for sale only in your area. People that are use to salt water boats are you're only audience. There is no way a buyer from an area with nothing but fresh water lakes would even consider buying a "salty dog". Sorry, but it's true.