Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 11-25-2015, 09:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Prostar 190
Bimini Suggestions...

From the looks of the matching holes in the window frame and strap brackets, I presume that my Prostar had a bimini at some point. I'm the 3rd owner.

My question is this...if I add a bimini in the spring should I use the existing holes and mount on the frame or should I mount in a different location?

All thoughts are welcome.
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2015, 10:46 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
I don't see why you couldn't use existing holes. Making a big assumption here, but since Taylor Made makes quite a bit of bimini-related hardware, I would assume that the existing holes match Taylor Made hardware. If there's a parts house near you, make measurements of your existing holes and see if they match mounting holes for the relevant hardware bits. At that point, you'd just need to verify dimensions on whatever bimini you're buying.
G
Old 11-25-2015, 11:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 Prostar 190
Looks to me like the previous bimini was mounted much further back on the boat than I would like. If you want a bimini you want it to provide the driver and spotter seats maximum shade or there is little value in the bimini (in my opinion). I suggest that you figure out where you want your bimini and then determine if it works with existing holes. If not, don't give up shade just to match the existing holes.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallSkinnyGuy View Post
Looks to me like the previous bimini was mounted much further back on the boat than I would like. If you want a bimini you want it to provide the driver and spotter seats maximum shade or there is little value in the bimini (in my opinion). I suggest that you figure out where you want your bimini and then determine if it works with existing holes. If not, don't give up shade just to match the existing holes.
Thanks for the response. You're right, it is all about the shade. I was hoping to find this style but haven't had success yet. I like the flat look with only one bow. The fact that it might have lined up with the old holes would have been a bonus.
Attached Images