Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 04-12-2012, 01:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: nautique and hopefully xstar soon
Ws420eq question

So I am in the process of beginning my stereo install for the summer and more importantly my new NVS speakers.

I will have
-4 Polk 6.5 components in boat( powered by kicker 650.4)
-one pair NVS deviant tower speakers( powered by ??)
-one 12" sub( powered by kicker 850.2)

Clarion head unit.

Ws420eq.

My question is I may be running 2 amps to power the NVS speakers, one amp per pod.

This is due to the recommendation to run 700w rms to each pod.

How should I put both amps to the one RCA connection on eq. I know I could go eq to amp-thee amp to amp, but will the RCA voltage be the same to both amps?
Old 04-12-2012, 02:29 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 x star. 6.0l
I use a zapco amp for my nvs prodigys. I would use zapco or the new arc audio they are both designed by the same guy. You can use an audiocontrol matrix line driver for multiple RCA outputs from one source. So say from your eq you have a single output run it to your matrix input and have 3 outputs for 3 front/rear/sub amps. Im pretty sure I have one amp for a pair of prodigys one amp for a pair of Modus one amp for four 12's and one amp for interior speakers all after the matrix
Old 04-12-2012, 06:52 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
Hold on... 700 watts to each speaker, RMS? That can't be right...
Old 04-12-2012, 08:36 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
Hold on... 700 watts to each speaker, RMS? That can't be right...
I would just run the tower rcas from the eq and then use the pass through on the amp to hook them up to the other amp. If it didn't have a pass through, I would just use an rca Y splitter. I've used them before and didn't notice any difference.

Supposedly the new wetsounds rev410s will handle 700w each as well. They recommend 400w each for rev10s, so 700w for a dual 10 pod seems reasonable.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 x star. 6.0l
700 each is probably overkill to some degree I have a 1200 to a pair And it's freakin loud enough trust me. A lot of this comes back to the quality of the amp
Old 04-13-2012, 11:11 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
As mentioned, y splitters on the tower out line from the eq, or u can go amp to amp if your amp has that capability and the run isn't very long between the 2.

As far as 700 watts...........Nope right on the money.........tower speakers are getting insane.

RANT ON! While I understand everyone wants the biggest and baddest I am getting real tired of hearing people blasting music with all kinds of crap language from one end of the lake to the other. While I myself have Rev 8's anything that comes out of them while boarding across the lake is suitable for all ears. I guess I am getting old. However 90% of what comes from my speakers is hip hop, rap, dance stuff so maybe I am that guy to others, but its all g rated. I try to be respectful on the times I play as well. Nothing on the towers before 1030 and after 7pm. Again I guess I am getting old, these speakers these days make the lake sound like a live concert that I am in the front row for.

Last edited by swatguy; 04-13-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1958 DIY wood ski boat, 2008 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatguy View Post
As mentioned, y splitters on the tower out line from the eq, or u can go amp to amp if your amp has that capability and the run isn't very long between the 2.

As far as 700 watts...........Nope right on the money.........tower speakers are getting insane.

RANT ON! While I understand everyone wants the biggest and baddest I am getting real tired of hearing people blasting music with all kinds of crap language from one end of the lake to the other. While I myself have Rev 8's anything that comes out of them while boarding across the lake is suitable for all ears. I guess I am getting old. However 90% of what comes from my speakers is hip hop, rap, dance stuff so maybe I am that guy to others, but its all g rated. I try to be respectful on the times I play as well. Nothing on the towers before 1030 and after 7pm. Again I guess I am getting old, these speakers these days make the lake sound like a live concert that I am in the front row for.
Agreed...... unless some restraint is shown it won't be long until someone steps in and shuts the fun down.