Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 03-15-2012, 09:29 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1992 Prostar 205
92 Prostar speaker cutout locations

92 Prostar 205 open bow, no stereo in it from the factory, but does have speaker cutouts. From reading on here, and feeling around in the boat, there are two cut outs towards the rear, on each side. It also seems like there are cutouts right behind the driver's and (behind/in front of the observer seat depending on how you describe it). Is this correct?

Also, it feels like there are cutouts on both sides of the walk through to the bow, is that correct or am I just dreaming?
Old 03-15-2012, 09:30 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
You're correct on the first four. I don't think there are any in the walthrough oem.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:33 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1992 prostar 205
My 92 has speakers in the rear , and in the walk-through , but not any next to the driver or observers seat .
Most 205's ive seen have them OEM in the front and rear of the side panels like yours . My interior was factory when I bought this boat and there were no holes for the speakers up by the driver or observer in the side panel .
Now as far as the walk through being OEM in my boat , id have to say I dont have a clue ..If they are not , the guy did a really good job putting them in ..They look OEM ...
Old 03-24-2012, 06:23 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1992 Prostar 205
Ok cool thanks for the help