Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 03-30-2012, 05:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 197
There was a 1999 on Craigslist (searchtempest.com) in Indiana for $16,900 very recently. It had the LT-R motor and decent hours. It looks like a decent boat. Good luck!

22 Mastercrafts and counting
Old 03-30-2012, 11:45 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Don't rule out a Maristar 210 or X-10. Not that much smaller than a 230.

What about an X-2 (205V)? Too small?
Old 03-31-2012, 01:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseydave View Post
Don't rule out a Maristar 210 or X-10. Not that much smaller than a 230.

What about an X-2 (205V)? Too small?

Yeah I am really looking for a 23 footer, but I wouldn't rule out the x-2 or prostar 205v.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:17 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datdude View Post
There was a 1999 on Craigslist (searchtempest.com) in Indiana for $16,900 very recently. It had the LT-R motor and decent hours. It looks like a decent boat. Good luck!
Thanks for the heads up. I have talked with this guy. Only thing is it doesn't have a full cover, binimi and more importantly a tower. Plus it is about 1200 miles from me. By the time I got it down here I would be too deep in it.

Man I sound like Debbie Downer right now.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo9 View Post
i watched CL, ebay, boat trader, etc., for about 9 months with the funding available for only the last 3 months. when i make a big purchase i start looking early so i get a "feel" for the market and i can recognize a good deal when i see it. i also timed it so i would make the purchase in the winter. i always try to buy my water toys in the winter due to seasonal pricing. there were definitely more to choose from last sep/oct/nov. i am surprised we're not seeing more boats on the used market as it starts to warm up. this may be due to the fact that the new(er) boats are so expensive that folks are hanging on to their used boats longer. i think this is also keeping the price of used boat elevated.

its crazy but in my search i would find ads from a few years ago and they seemed to always be cheaper than the current ads.

good luck. post any potential boats on this site and you will gets lots of opinions.

No doubt. What I find even more amazing is that I have come across a 2000 230's and the person will have it priced at 33,900. I called just for the heck of it to ask if the price was a mistake. He said that he had to buy a trailer for it and had put a tower on. I guess the tower is made of gold. It seems like he will be sitting on that one for awhile. But you never know, I guess there are suckers everywhere.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:54 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
i'm with you on the 230. we looked at a sweet x10 in buford, ga at the MC place there with a great price. sitting in the boat with just 3 adults and no gear was fine, but we felt that after loading gear, kids and dogs we would be cramped adding guests.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:43 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC 1999 Maristar 230 sport
This one look pretty nice and close to your price range. May require a road trip.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/2918187489.html
Old 04-03-2012, 10:46 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 98 Maristar 225
Hogwild,

I assume you are Razorback fan - do you live in Arkansas? I went to school there for a while. Anyway, did you check out the 98 Maristar in Tulsa? Except for the tower, it sounds like what you are looking for.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sostrander2 View Post
Hogwild,

I assume you are Razorback fan - do you live in Arkansas? I went to school there for a while. Anyway, did you check out the 98 Maristar in Tulsa? Except for the tower, it sounds like what you are looking for.
I do live in AR. I actually purchased a 99 230 this weekend in IN, but it wasn't exactly turn key. Jury is still out on whether I can get in everything I want out of it for my budget. I may have to resell if not. As the world turns!!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

This pic shows the worst damage about an inch from the rub rails.

And here is one that I think is probably pretty normal around the rudder.

One of the things that concerns me is the hull seems to have a constant wear line all the way down the bunks. Is this kind of thing normal, is this trailer not ideal for the boat, or is it just the operator not trailering it nicely?