Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-22-2005, 02:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X2 Switch Blue and White
Neil, great shots. I have heard of the tube photo trick. I told Madison she has to master her ski's before I get her a wakeboard. As she was making her first pass, I told my ski buddy that I gaurenteed that after she was back in the boat within 5 minutes, she would bring up the wakeboard. While it wasn't the first thing she said, it only took her about 2 minutes. Maybe I have the next Dallas Friday.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 MariStar 210VRS 330hp Tower, Ballast, Bimini, 400w Clarion
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO
Neil, great shots. I have heard of the tube photo trick. I told Madison she has to master her ski's before I get her a wakeboard. As she was making her first pass, I told my ski buddy that I gaurenteed that after she was back in the boat within 5 minutes, she would bring up the wakeboard. While it wasn't the first thing she said, it only took her about 2 minutes. Maybe I have the next Dallas Friday.
SteveO -- yep -- get her the board, but make her promise to keep skiing too... it's amazing how quickly you get 'rusty' if you don't keep skiing as well as wakeboarding.. It takes a lot of boat gas to create a Dallas Friday...

MarkP -- thanks... we had a great summer -- now have 460 hours on my 2002! Other than the Perfect Pass is acting weird (fluctuates), the MC ran great!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pristine, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "-- WOW--What a Ride!"
Old 08-22-2005, 03:20 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: maibu sportster
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDV
8" wide skis and 75# kid -- talk about a great weight to displacement ratio. Oh to be young again!
I drove for a learn to ski our club put on last Sat. Two boats and 28 skiers over 4 hours ages 5 to about 35. Almost a 100% sucess rate. Even driving 8 mph with a 60# kid on the boom becomes easier when you see them smile as the get up for the first time.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:25 PM
MC Devotee

I can't forget my daughter. She set the family record on the wakesurfer - a solid 15 minute ride (my legs give out long before then.. oh, to be young..)
Attached Images

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pristine, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "-- WOW--What a Ride!"
Old 08-22-2005, 03:30 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Neil!! How have you been? Any Marathons this summer?

BTW, how old is your daughter. With all do respect my friend that looks like a better shot for the swimsuit thread than the kids thread!!
Old 08-22-2005, 03:38 PM
MC Devotee

Brian, it's been a great summer! I did 2 half-marathons and a couple of 10-K's as well... been too busy (or no internet at the lake) for TT or much of anything else. The wife and I are training for our first full marathon (Honolulu in December), so I'm feeling pretty rough (I-T band) at the moment.

.. daughter is now 22... 'not sure I have any pics she'd allow me to put in the swimsuit thread, but I'll look...

I've caught up on your baby pics and threads -- great to see things are going well for you.

cheers,

NeilM

Old 08-22-2005, 03:42 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Neil--I that sounds great! I just climbed off the treadmill and am sitting here dripping on the laptop. My wife tried to run the Honolulu Marathon on year while we were living there. She made it about 3/4 of the way and had to walk the rest. She didn't get out of bed the rest of the time she was their. Let me know if you go and I'll give you some good spots to see/stay away from.

Wow, 22 you're getting to be an old man!!
Old 08-22-2005, 03:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 MariStar, Predator Engine
Neil - those are great shots. The backdrop is awesome in all of them.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:20 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Malibu Response LXi
Little skisix

The smile tells the whole story. This makes me happier than running 38. He's running about 45 off here.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2005, 10:23 AM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Great shot. BIG smile! How old??

The wife calls me abrasive
The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo