Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-19-2015, 11:18 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005 xstar with mcx 3000# ballast
Xstar x23 or x30

Thinking about upgrading the boat this winter we mostly wakeboard where intermediate wakeboarders and only surf after the waters to rough to wakeboard we often go out with a big crew usually around 12 which can get tight real quick in the xstar but love the wake on the xstar and especially the looks any suggestions appreciated
Old 08-20-2015, 12:41 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Sounds like a Star would be a good fit for you.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:19 AM
TT Enthusiast

12 people! How does anyone even get to ride???? Anyway that's a lot of dang people no matter the size of the boat? I won't say the whole word but perhaps u might expand your search and consider the boat that starts with G
Old 08-20-2015, 08:29 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
12 people! How does anyone even get to ride???? Anyway that's a lot of dang people no matter the size of the boat? I won't say the whole word but perhaps u might expand your search and consider the boat that starts with G
^^^why!!!!!!!:rolley es:
Old 08-20-2015, 08:33 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
I don't see what the G has to even do with this post. The OP asked about three particular boats. Looks like you belong on WakeWorld permanently. Classic WW post, the OP ask for brand X and everyone tells them to look at MB/Supra......

Owning an X23 and putting close to 100 hrs this year I can tell you that with 12 people you are comfortable. We have never wished that we had more room with this boat as it offers plenty of space and that's coming from an X45. The Wakeboard wake on the X23 is very nice. I like to explain it as a larger version of the X25. The surf wave, well everyone can tell you how good it is. I wasn't much of a surfer until we purchased the X23 and now I split my time 50/50.

The Xstar is hands down the sexiest boat on the water and there are no if ands or buts about it. The new paint scheme is amazing. People talk a bunch of bs about the Xstar but the times I have ridden one I was impressed and the wake was great. Yes the G has a bigger wake but I was getting just as high and we even compered it based on frames on the camera.

The X30 from what I hear is a great all around boat and will do everything well.

Personally I don't that you could go wrong with any one of these boats. I personally think that choosing a boat is a personal decision. Yes you can come here and ask other opinions and get full retard answer as seen above but at the end of the day its what fits your needs and what you like..

Good luck with the selection process. All three of these are great boats...
Old 08-20-2015, 08:37 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
Quote:
12 people! How does anyone even get to ride????
I am usually out with 8 to 10 people, sometimes 12. Most do not ride however we rotate out of the couple people who ride.

Most come to swim and watch.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:03 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
From your one large run-on sentence, I'm going to assume you're not the primary decision maker in the household. There's quite a price difference between the 23 & star vs the 30, I assume that might be a consideration. If you're only intermediate riders, i would stick with the 30.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:12 AM
TT Enthusiast

Sorry yeah ban me permanently to Wakeworld. Guy said wakeboarding was most important and had 12 people all the time. Sorry the 3 boats he listed aren't exactly the best choices out there. Notice I didn't bad mouth any of them. And to me intermediate riders are definitely worthy of top tier wakes. A intermediate rider is probably throwing 4+ inverts and spinning ts and hs 5's. Even has some switch tricks in the bag. Least that's my experience.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:12 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X-2
That must be an intermediate behind a G boat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2015, 10:48 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Sorry yeah ban me permanently to Wakeworld. Guy said wakeboarding was most important and had 12 people all the time. Sorry the 3 boats he listed aren't exactly the best choices out there. Notice I didn't bad mouth any of them. And to me intermediate riders are definitely worthy of top tier wakes. A intermediate rider is probably throwing 4+ inverts and spinning ts and hs 5's. Even has some switch tricks in the bag. Least that's my experience.
Have you boarded behind all three options he mentioned? Seems to me that all three have wakeboard wakes that will be great for intermediate riders. 12 is going to be cramped in any option, including the G.