Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2015, 12:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 91' MC 240sc
Inflatable, high volume air pump recomedations?

Looking for a replacement high volume, hi pressure inflatable pump.

I purchased in 2011ish either the 110v Airhead 120hp or 120s. I cant remember, it disappeared two winters ago.
Pretty sure it had the passthru design but remember a three prong plug???

Great unit other than the hose was thin and had begun to collapse where it had kinked in a place or two which made it useless for deflating (deflating is an expectation).
Hose adhesive also separated but was able to be glued.

The Aquaglide appears to have a better hose but Amazon reviews are very low complaining of brush failure. One review notes it is the same pump as Rave so no better there....

I have not held a current model Airhead in my hand to know if materials have changed.
Anything else to consider??
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2015, 12:27 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 20' Vdrive
Filling up lots of toobs are we?
Old 04-21-2015, 12:31 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Those airheads work GREAT! They are loud, but they really work well.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
this is a joke thread, right?

What's the best way to do power turns? How many fenders should i leave out while cruising, 2 or 3?
Old 04-21-2015, 12:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
I have one but it is a 12volt. I like the 12 volt convenience and it pumps up and deflates fast enough for mine and my kids A.D.D.. Most of the times this pump is really hard and sometimes impossible to find . Have you thought about not finding yours-ha ha
Old 04-21-2015, 12:57 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
this is a joke thread, right?

What's the best way to do power turns? How many fenders should i leave out while cruising, 2 or 3?
So contrary to popular belief not everyone who steps on becomes a water skiing / wakeboarding phenom by just being on the "Mastercraft". I have friends who will attempt to waterski and wakeboard but others in my family that just prefer to tube. Most of them are nervous to try anything else and it was even a stretch to get them to go tubing. So you know what tubing is fun for them @#^^ it I am not going to sit there and tell them they suck and that they can't tube. They have fun and that is the most important aspect and the reason why everyone owns one of these boats... FOR @#$^@&% FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! Last I checked no one on here is on the pro circuit.

Get off you high horse of a stupid superiority complex. People do enjoy tubing and if that is what they want to do on the boat I am not going to sit there and tell them that they have to do something else.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:09 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakerider16 View Post
So contrary to popular belief not everyone who steps on becomes a water skiing / wakeboarding phenom by just being on the "Mastercraft". I have friends who will attempt to waterski and wakeboard but others in my family that just prefer to tube. Most of them are nervous to try anything else and it was even a stretch to get them to go tubing. So you know what tubing is fun for them @#^^ it I am not going to sit there and tell them they suck and that they can't tube. They have fun and that is the most important aspect and the reason why everyone owns one of these boats... FOR @#$^@&% FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! Last I checked no one on here is on the pro circuit.

Get off you high horse of a stupid superiority complex. People do enjoy tubing and if that is what they want to do on the boat I am not going to sit there and tell them that they have to do something else.
you know, you're totally right. Some people can't ski or wakeboard, so make them surf
Old 04-21-2015, 01:23 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 20' Vdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
you know, you're totally right. Some people can't ski or wakeboard, so make them surf
Hey man, at least us surfers don't need air pumps.

I was more making a joke. I know he's probably using it to fill up some inflatable castle or something when he throws a party on one of our local lakes every weekend. Sloop knows how to throw down and have a good weekend on the lake. The guys a class act, does his best to keep others informed on safety measures, and local water hazards, and is always throwing in great advice on this forum for topics like "can my 93 half ton pull a 2005 X80 safely" threads.

Just giving him some crap, didn't mean to stir up the tubing pot.

Sloop... why don't you just fix up a pancake compressor to your 'toon and call it a day? You run a generator on there most of the time anyway haha.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:35 PM
MC Devotee

queue 93prostar190 to say... "very true, and those that can't ski, wakeboard"

man, its like you can't try to be funny anymore.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '10 X-14v
We have used the overtons 12v for a couple of seasons now. Nothing fancy, does what it's supposed to. Power cable is long enough to reach the sun deck from the battery compartment. Adapters are connected on a loop so you don't lose them. Seems durable enough.

http://m.overtons.com/modperl/produc...flator&i=44211

2010 X-14v
previous
2001 MC Prostar 190,
1989 CC Ski Nautique 2001,
1984 CC Ski Nautique,
1979 CC Ski Tique