Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Find A Pull / Give a Pull

Old 08-12-2005, 03:55 PM
tonym

Question Lake Lanier Does Anyone Ski Here ?

Im New To The Area And Need To Find Someone To Ski With. I Have A 1994 P/s 190 And A Insta Slalom Course Thats In A Good Cove No Boat Traffic Or Splash Back. But So Far Havent Found Many Skiers On Lanier Every One Is Wake Boarding.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1991 prostar 190
Wakeboarders are everywhere. In fact, I am now stuck teaching my kids to wakeboard. I used to ski slalom tournaments and am dying to get back into it. Its hard to find good drivers or a course anymore. I also have a portable, but i've heard there are a couple of submersed courses on the lake that pop up on the weekends.

What part of the lake are you own or put in at?
Old 08-13-2005, 09:53 AM
tonym

Im On The South Side Of The Lake.i Live By The Shoal Creek Launchramp. Let Me Know If U Can Ski Some Time My Kids Are 11 And 8. The 11 Year Old Wakeboards And The 8 Year Old Skis. The Course Takes About 20 Minutes To Hookup. Im No That Good I Need To Ski More To Get Consistant. I Was Running It At 30mph 15 Off. But Havent Used The Course In 3 Months
Old 08-25-2005, 02:26 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1989 Tristar 190
I'm on the southside but would be interested in skiing with you sometime. Have a portable course as well.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1991 prostar 190
I live off of friendship road. I ski (wakeboard actually) with my kids off of shoal creek in the morning sometimes. I put in at the islands. I can help you with your course skiing, I used to get into 38 off @34 when I was tournament skiing.

All my kids do is wakeboard (7,6,3 years old), so I am learning that to teach them. PM me to see when we can get together. Should be fun.

PT
Old 08-27-2005, 09:52 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1979 Stars & Stripes Skier
There is some great water on the north end of the lake past Chattahooche Country Club by the Olympic Rowing Site, it is actually the river not the lake so it isn't as wide and has more protection...plenty of good spots to set up a portable, but maybe a long haul from someone on the southside of the lake. If you can beat the horse power heads with fishing poles and the Donald Trumps with cruise liners out on the water it is a great lake to pull on.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:40 PM
tkilkelly

looking for a slalom course on lanier. Tournament skier
Old 05-02-2011, 10:32 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
I barefoot with some guys in "ski cove" by Bald Ridge Marina. There is a group that sets up an insta course in there pretty regularly and we share the water.

I'll be at the ramps just east of the dam tomorrow after work where Suwanee Dam and Buford Dam rd intersect testing a couple stand up jetskis.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:49 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 prostar 205
I live in Cumming off bethelview ski young deer and dawsonville
Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinGA View Post
I barefoot with some guys in "ski cove" by Bald Ridge Marina. There is a group that sets up an insta course in there pretty regularly and we share the water.

I'll be at the ramps just east of the dam tomorrow after work where Suwanee Dam and Buford Dam rd intersect testing a couple stand up jetskis.
Have we met by chance? I used to foot there 3-4 days a week..... Marc with the red mastercraft....