Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 07-24-2012, 10:38 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrhodes View Post
I second the little Bissell machine. When I told my wife I wanted one to clean the boat carpet she ran right out and bought it for me! It worked extremely well! I plan on doing this every season!
The stand-up model actually fit on each side of the engine cover and walkway of my 205. Worked great
Old 08-02-2012, 12:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '01 X-9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntidsl View Post
Gents,

This past weekend I took a hose, a spray bottle of fabric softener and a few beers into the boat. I soaked the carpet good....I mean real good then scrubbed the heck out of it with a scrub brush for a good half hour...then hosed it out as well as I could. Repeated...then sprayed a dose of fabric softener in a scrubbed that in. Then lightly hosed out the excess. I then dried rigorously with 3 beach towels to further fluff...I was wore out!!! Tow hours of hosing, scrubbing and drinking

Three hours of intense sun and heat later I couldn't tell the difference between the carlet under the doghouse and the carpet that used to be trampled flat.

So excited!!!

BTW...the bilge was immaculate when I was done!
Nice! Would love to get that new carpet feel back again. Have to try the softener next time I give it a good cleaning.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:35 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Matercraft Prostar205v
Question

Quote:
Gents,

This past weekend I took a hose, a spray bottle of fabric softener and a few beers into the boat. I soaked the carpet good....I mean real good then scrubbed the heck out of it with a scrub brush for a good half hour...then hosed it out as well as I could. Repeated...then sprayed a dose of fabric softener in a scrubbed that in. Then lightly hosed out the excess. I then dried rigorously with 3 beach towels to further fluff...I was wore out!!! Tow hours of hosing, scrubbing and drinking

Three hours of intense sun and heat later I couldn't tell the difference between the carlet under the doghouse and the carpet that used to be trampled flat.

So excited!!!

BTW...the bilge was immaculate when I was done!
So...am I reading this right? U can take a hose to the interior carpet, soak it and let it drain down to the bildge with out doing any damage. I have an 01 205 v. With all my previouse boats( I/0s) it ruins the floor. A lot of marine plywood. Is this safe to do w/ a mc? THANKS!!!: confused:
Old 08-08-2012, 03:17 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft Skier 1984, 351 PCM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstorm View Post
So...am I reading this right? U can take a hose to the interior carpet, soak it and let it drain down to the bildge with out doing any damage. I have an 01 205 v. With all my previouse boats( I/0s) it ruins the floor. A lot of marine plywood. Is this safe to do w/ a mc? THANKS!!!: confused:
Yes it is safe, there is no wood in your MC.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Maristar 225 LT1
> no wood

The left/right interior side panels on my 94 Maristar are wood, and with all the different mounting studs aligned to the hull, I have to think they are stock/original. Is there a year where Mastercraft went totally wood-free? Or does wood-free mainly refer to structural things like stringers/floor/etc?
Old 08-08-2012, 03:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 197 TT
I don't have an ounce of wood on my boat so its safe for me.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:47 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft Skier 1984, 351 PCM
I was speaking of the floor and stringers
Old 08-09-2012, 11:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Matercraft Prostar205v
Thanks mdo817. Carpet seems to have tons of crap in it from the prior owner. Oils...etc. no matter how much I wash it, it never seems clean. It needs a good wash and rinse and I am going to try the fabric softener.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Mastercraft 209 Sammy Duvall
warm water, soap, bristle brush, elbow greese!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 MasterCraft PS 197 TT
Quote:
I will send before and after pics in a few weeks. I will be doing the same thing, cleaning carpets. My plan is this. Tide, fabric softener and a scrub brush after soaking the carpet. Then my shop vac instead though to get moisture out. Lastly, Stainguard. I hate to see the carpet under my engine lid fluffier than the rest...drives me crazy!!! I'll then ba able to use my green machine for monthly touch ups...man that water comes out brown every time I use it.
What type of brush? Is a hard bristle bad for the carpet?