Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2012, 09:05 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X14 photo boat, 1993 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionMan View Post
I know the 190 and 197 look cleaner without a tower, but for convenience its hard to beat a tower.
beautiful boat
Old 03-03-2012, 09:17 AM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Sounds like a mini-tower would suit your needs pretty well. They are nice for storing boards, mounting speakers, bimini, etc.

With that said, if it were me the New Dimension tower is the only one that looks right on that hull. Others just look funky, for example the monster tower.

Got any pics of your boat?
Old 03-03-2012, 09:50 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '10 X-14v
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyski2 View Post
Your boat looks great cdstukey, what year is it?
That is a 2001 with a ND mini tower, slalom rack on the drivers side, wake board rack on the observers side and a mastercraft bimini. Don't remember the whole cost but it wasn't cheap. Ordered everything direct from ND and had my local dealer do the install. It was worth every penny and then some.

2010 X-14v
previous
2001 MC Prostar 190,
1989 CC Ski Nautique 2001,
1984 CC Ski Nautique,
1979 CC Ski Tique
Old 04-13-2013, 03:33 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2001 Prostar 190 Predator
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdstukey View Post
Opinions will vary, but I put a mini tower on my 190 and loved it. It was great for keeping skis and boards off the floor, was no more difficult to get around than the bimini top that was on it previously and the higher tow point made the back seat almost usable for very casual towing (kids etc.).
That is the exact same prostar i have. The same color, tower, trailer, Besides the wheels. its an 01 right?
Old 04-15-2013, 03:07 PM
chriscraftmatt1976

My 93 190 S&S came with a tower already on it, or i never would have put one on. I actually thought about taking the mounts off the boat and covering back up with glass, but after I used it a few times, I actually like it. Mine comes off with 4 bolts, and is pretty light, so my wife and I can take it off or put it on quite easily. I've got some board racks , and it does keep the clutter out of the boat very nicely, which is handy in a boat with little room. It also has a custom made bimini which is great on super sunny days. I mostly wake skate as well, so the higher pull point is nice.

That being said, it's still off more than it's on. The boat just looks better without it in my opinion.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S, 87 Prostar Powerslot, 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyski2 View Post
Hi, Members, I just bought a PS 190 ,01' I'm trying to decide weather I should put a mini tower with a bimini or just a bimini top . I do a lot of course skiing,but I also have 3 kids that like to wakeboard and tube. I have never had a boat with a tower . Is it worth the expense or will I regret putting a tower on a hardcore slalom boat? Will the weight of the tower make my wake bigger?
If you have 3 kids, they will eventually want to bring their friends to the lake. I installed a tower on my Prostar because with a family of 4, equipment, several friends and a dog, we could actually use the back seat when someone was behind the boat.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:33 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 02 ProStar 197TT "Caddy H2O" & 1980 MC Stars & Stripes, "Boss Hoss"
Your boat, your decision. If you do get one, go with New Dimension.