Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2012, 04:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 X-10
Great responses guys. Thanks. His boat weighs 900lbs, fwiw, so a bit different from an i/o or an inboard. I agree the rider probably has something to do with it. My 280lb butt won't be ridin behind him thankfully.

Funny story. My dad was pulling some of my uncles on a tube years ago behind a little outboard. Couldn't get on plane so he had one of them sit in the bow, got some slack in the rope, and took off. Rope tightened and instead of the tube coming out, the bow rose straight up, throwing my uncle (who couldn't swim) over my dad's head and out the boat. Well, its funny now anyway since no one died. Unfortunately it was before they had access to video equipment.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 14' aluminum jonboat
That is crazy! I remember when I was about 12 my dad had a pontoon with a 60 mercury on it. 21 footer I believe. Me and my bro liked to tube, and with my dad (300 lbs) and my stepmom in the boat and me and my brother on the tube, it would do ok. Well one day we had another family on the boat with us, a 190 lb guy, his 350 lb wife, and their overweight daughters. it was all that boat could do to plane out with me on a tube. Needless to say, that was the worst boating experience of my 12 year old life.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorczak1 View Post
luv the video... can't believe he did not back off throttle when the boat started bouncin' earlier...
I keep waitin for this to happen with the dumbass rednecks on Lanier. It's a problem when only your prop is in the water.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 84 mastercraft stars and stripes 351 with powerslot
I remember when I was 12 yrs old and 110 lbs soaking wet I learned to ski behind my dads 14 ft fishing boat with a 50 hp merc. Well my cousins husband wanted to try to ski he was 6' 4" and had to weigh 250 plus well the boat couldn't pull him out of a deep start so next he sat on the bow of the pontoon we had out and when he said HIT IT. My dads boat drug him and the pontoon full of people about 20 ft with everyone laughing.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:48 AM
TT Enthusiast

Did his shorts get stuck on the pontoon boat or something?
Old 03-05-2012, 01:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 84 mastercraft stars and stripes 351 with powerslot
I wouldn't say his shorts got stuck but he was sitting so deep on the bow(not on the edge) after my dad stopped he yelled back to him SIT ON THE EDGE, then he got pulled off the edge and underwater he went, drug about 10ft and let go my dad says this isn't going to work, which looking back I think my dad knew that this boat wouldn't get him up and just wanted a laugh. oh boy there were some great laughs at the lake.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Ok. I see. That must have been funny to watch.