Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 02-20-2012, 09:05 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski/hunt View Post
I'm going Tuesday guys...I'll give a report as soon as I have news---I have wanted to get one of their towers so I have a reason to go and if I can help people at the same time its a win win!!
Cary, you'd be doing them a favor if you tell them about the BAD publicity they're getting on here about not following up on calls and such. Might piss him off a little, but I'd bet it would get a little something done about it too.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:11 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 96 PS205
Oh for sure!! My plan is to start "soft" and see where that go's. I won't leave there without making it clear that "many complaints" have me hesitant to buy their product and that "people are talking"!!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:29 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft 205, 1999, LTR
Add another complaint to the list. My friend has been trying to get in touch with them to order a ski rack for weeks with no success. No answer and no return calls.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:53 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
I talked with chad this morning. He again assured me my racks would be shipped this week. We talked about a few things but nothing I feel permitted to share publicly.

For those trying to place order I don't know for a fact but I suspect chad is not taking any new orders so that he can deal with previous orders and other concerns.

Ski/hunt sure hope you can meet up with someone tomorrow
Old 02-20-2012, 02:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2016 G23
I ordered a tower last October from New Dimensions. Chad, promised that the tower will be built and shipped within two weeks prior to fall boat storage. After 4 weeks no tower, I made numerous calls and send numerous emails with no replies from anyone. When I got a hold of Chad it was one lame excuse over another. They had tube issues then light issues then packaging foam issues etc. etc. I figured it is not going to help anyone to get upset since the boat was now in storage and I had to push the tower install to spring project list. Delivery was to be made to the house, I purposely asked Chad to give me heads up when tower was shipped so I can arrange my schedule to be home for delivery. Nine weeks later I find a note on the door for attempted delivery. Re-delivery fee was $150.00 of course there is no shipping notification from Chad. Happy to have the tower I opened all the boxes and inspected for damage. Find the installation instructions are printed with empty ink cartridges. They are totally illegible and useless. (See my post for forum help: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=45301 )Opened up the hardware kit and sure enough I am missing 4 of the black handled knobs. Once again, made numerous calls and send numerous emails asking for a copy of the installation instructions. No replays from Chad. The good news I found the knobs on ebay for $79.95 a pair. The bad news is I need two sets. Still no response from Chad. Oddly enough when I was ordering the tower and requesting information on options racks all my emails and voice mails where answered properly. At this point I am hoping the tower fits the boat. This entire experience has been nothing but disappointment and the worse part is that the tower is not on the boat yet. I tried really hard refrain my self from posting negative comments regarding NDT and Chad thinking my experience is one off isolated case, but it looks like it is not. I wish best of luck to you and hopefully your dealings with NDT will turnout with better outcome than mine.
Memo
Old 02-20-2012, 03:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski/hunt View Post
Oh for sure!! My plan is to start "soft" and see where that go's. I won't leave there without making it clear that "many complaints" have me hesitant to buy their product and that "people are talking"!!
Ski/Hunt, Save yourself the headache and go somewhere else. I ordered my spinning board racks and mirror arm from Sampson Sports for the NDL tower. Everything shipped on time as promised with plenty of communication. The workmanship is exceptional; welds are 100% better and cleaner than NDT. My 2 cents!
Old 02-20-2012, 03:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Wow! Glad I went with Monster. Delivered as promised, worked great.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:50 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
i feel compelled to reiterate. I ordered tower in mid-December and received great help. Tower shipped and was delivered on the week we had decided on in Jan. No issues at all. Packaged well, everything included.

Are there some frustrations with communication and the fact there was no mention of racks being B/O? Absolutely. But I don't want to be one condemning the entire process. However, NDT is going to need to address some issues soon if they want to remain a player in the market. Their tower still looks the best on our boat so i will remain patient, try to work with Chad, and trust all will work out in time.
Attached Images

Last edited by LaRue; 02-20-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:02 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallBushing View Post
Wow! Glad I went with Monster. Delivered as promised, worked great.
Yup, no issues with a second class tower.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 02-20-2012, 04:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue View Post
i feel compelled to reiterate. I ordered tower in mid-December and received great help. Tower shipped and was delivered on the week we had decided on in Jan. No issues at all. Packaged well, everything included.

Are there some frustrations with communication and the fact there was no mention of racks being B/O? Absolutely. But I don't want to be one condemning the entire process. However, NDT is going to need to address some issues soon if they want to remain a player in the market. Their tower still looks the best on our boat so i will remain patient, try to work with Chad, and trust all will work out in time.
LaRue
Tower looks great. Can't wait to install mine in the spring. Despite all the problems I had I still feel NDT is definitely the best and the classic look for our boats. It is shame they had to let their customer service hit rock bottom. I hope they get their act together soon and mark this as lessons learned. On a second note are the black knobs on the tower are all aluminum or plastic coated?