Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 03-04-2012, 12:26 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft 197 TT 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2jp View Post
I have the same bracket base, however I believe mine is not the correct one for an '89 due to following issues:

I think the angle is incorrect. As you can see in the bottom picture during test fitting, when I attempt to fold down the platform the supports want to pull away from the teak - putting the brackets/platform in a bind (and possible damage). The top picture shows when I loosened the bracket to base connection to get everything to work, it became obvious the base was not the correct transom angle. I could used them as removable brackets, except that they position the platform too high.....
The bracket base also causes the platform to hit the lifting rings:

While I could remove material from either the aluminum bracket or the teak, I am not going to do that.
Here is a look from below at how it also doesn't hit the center support, which a few folks on here needed to remove in order to have the platform fold correctly.

Lastly, this is my guess at the correct angle needed for my transom ('89 PS190). I was going to have a local shop mill them down, but the bracket is still too high.

These were purchased from another member on here, he purchased them for his boat of the same year, but never installed them. Now they are mine and don't fit.
another issue would be if you shave them for the correct angle it's going to move the platform closer to the boat and you'll have even more issues with the hooks

2007 Prostar TT 197.....special delivery from the dealer 3/18/08 sold 6/7/11
Old 03-04-2012, 06:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: ProStar 190, 1989, 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3skier View Post
another issue would be if you shave them for the correct angle it's going to move the platform closer to the boat and you'll have even more issues with the hooks
With the factory brackets, the platform sets about 1/2 off of the transom. With the folding, it would be about the same - but it's a moot point as they won't fit under the lifting ring anyway.

I calling Alloy Marine on Monday.
Somewhere between SML and LKG
Old 05-06-2013, 10:55 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1985 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes
For the guys that went to Alloy Marine, what style bracket did you get. Also I know this thread is old, but had anyone found removable brackets for a 85 S&S from some where else? Thanks Clayton