Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 05-14-2012, 09:30 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
Looks great. At least you know it was time for recovering.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:33 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 205v ltr
yes. We were past due for sure.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:54 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: supra comp
man that looks great ....great choice in colors ...everyone should see it in person it just turned out awesome
Old 05-14-2012, 09:55 AM
TT Enthusiast

love the split sunpad
Old 05-14-2012, 10:01 AM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks Jason. Split sunpad is amazing. In past if someone was on the platform we had to raise the deck in their face if we needed to get to storage. Now the rider / skier can get their board or ski , soap or line, while standing on the platform. it really dramatically changes the usability of the boat. I still need to install the gas shocks, latches and some additional support. All of those parts are in transit. On a related note, I want to install netting on the underside of the two hatches, if anyone knows a source.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

great job to you and viper customs
Old 05-15-2012, 02:36 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: none
What did you use for hinges and latches on your 2 new hatches? I'm in the process of doing this very same thing to the sun deck on my 2000 205v....
Old 05-15-2012, 03:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheckski View Post
Rusty. Measured twice and cut once....Used a circular saw to cut the honeycomb and then cut the foam / vinyl with a blade. Viper then covered it and it looks like they did an outstanding job. The center piece will go back on using the existing hardware plus a reach under latch and a gas shock that I will install. The sides will be hinged on the long outside ends, again with gas shocks. the dividers will be beefed up a bit with a plastic beam to give the components more "meat" to rest on when closed. I will post full pics once completed. meanwhile this is a close up pic of the hinge / gas shock that was used in a similar conversion
i believe many of us would appreciate you providing a list of materials and walk through instructions for this. I would like to do the same thing, as others have commented but am hesitant on how or beginning a project that is more work and $$ than it is worth.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

I will post close ups on all hardware once completed. I am sourcing everything from Viper so i do not have individual part numbers. With that said, I used the original aluminum honeycomb deck and cut it. Viper recovered as part of the total project, recovering three small pieces instead of one large one. hardware required :
Two hinges
three gas shocks
center latch

not a big list at all but some parts are still not in my hands so i can not finish. Once finished I will post again.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:37 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
Absolutely awesome looking. Love it. I am very interested in how the # piece hatch was done as well. If only I would have came across this before feb when I had my boat redone locally. I would still chop up the new vinyl for a 3 piece hatch........

PM Inbound