Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 05-09-2012, 10:53 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 205v ltr
Thanks Jason.We agonized for a while about the choices but, based on the pics we have seen so far, we are going to be real happy. Since the attach to my post did not work I have resized and am trying again. Reminder that the rear deck started life as a one piece unit.
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2012, 11:10 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Just looks amazing!! And it also looks like they did an excellent job as well. Nice and tight.....

1994 205, LT1
Old 05-09-2012, 11:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 PS 190, 02 Wakesetter VLX
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is really impressive. Your boat is going to look brand new. This changes my outlook on buying an early 00's 205v/x2 now knowing that I can get that upholstery. I can't wait to see the installed pics.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:18 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2013 X-2; 320 Ilmor
Send a message via Skype™ to RustyMC
Will 2nd that - very nice work. I too have a 2000 205V with same interior. Question (and I may have missed this). How did you go to a 3 piece platform for the rear? Mine is the single large ledge style.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:36 AM
TT Enthusiast

Rusty. Measured twice and cut once....Used a circular saw to cut the honeycomb and then cut the foam / vinyl with a blade. Viper then covered it and it looks like they did an outstanding job. The center piece will go back on using the existing hardware plus a reach under latch and a gas shock that I will install. The sides will be hinged on the long outside ends, again with gas shocks. the dividers will be beefed up a bit with a plastic beam to give the components more "meat" to rest on when closed. I will post full pics once completed. meanwhile this is a close up pic of the hinge / gas shock that was used in a similar conversion
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2012, 11:39 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2013 X-2; 320 Ilmor
Send a message via Skype™ to RustyMC
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the finished pics. I am going to replace the upholstery in mine at some point as well and I like what I see. Will give the Viper folks a hard look since I am just down the interstate from them.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:53 AM
TT Enthusiast

They were slow with me, but that seemed to be more a function of the availability of my vinyl choices.They were very fair on price, had access to everything I wanted and - as far as I can tell - have done some of the best aftermarket work that I have ever seen. My job was a bit of a bear because i had to remove the bolsters myself. It is definitely not fun and my learning process can be seen at this link http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=45579 . I also had to package / ship my cushions. If they are just down the road from you I would definitely give them a real hard look with maybe having them do a turn key job.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
Beautiful work.. can't wait to see the install pics
Old 05-14-2012, 10:23 AM
TT Enthusiast

Made some progress this weekend but ran out of hardware. Installed the rear decks, stern bolsters and the associated cushions. i need to get the gas shocks, latches, additional bolster studs and seat hardware before we can finish up. i actually took out the boat with a folding captains chair for our first run this weekend. that was quite the look. In any case, I am posting BEFORE pictures so the thread is complete. I will follow up with another post with some intermediate after pictures.
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2012, 10:26 AM
TT Enthusiast

Followed by the install completed so far
Attached Images