Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 06-24-2013, 07:59 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, X15, 2007, MCX, Acme 5 Blade, Pair of WetSounds Rev410's, WetSounds SD6, 2 JL 12w6v2 subs in sealed box, JL HD750/1, WS402SQ
You should try to re-tap the threads of the grease port before replacing it. If the original hole size is not repairable then I'd look in to going up one size in grease fitting.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:06 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, X15, 2007, MCX, Acme 5 Blade, Pair of WetSounds Rev410's, WetSounds SD6, 2 JL 12w6v2 subs in sealed box, JL HD750/1, WS402SQ
Oh and I bought a tube of corrosion preventing marine grease and filled my rudder box full this weekend.

Stopped my water leak that had been driving my MCOCD into a full facial twitch.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 X2, MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachDaddy View Post
Oh and I bought a tube of corrosion preventing marine grease and filled my rudder box full this weekend.

Stopped my water leak that had been driving my MCOCD into a full facial twitch.
ZachDaddy, thanks for the info. Greased my rudder zirk this evening as well. Question though, I read that you should also grease the steering cable near the rudder/steering cable. I could not see a zirk fitting anywhere in that area. Did see a bracket about a foot back from the rudder arm on the steering cable, I could feel 3 bolts but its right under the alternator so I could not get a clear view. You would have to be 3 feet tall and arms of six feet to get in there. Any ideas?

09 x2, MCX.

Sent from my iPad 2 3G using Tapatalk

Last edited by Kell; 07-02-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:24 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: MC
Kell, have someone move the steering wheel back and forth while you look down at the steering cable near where it attaches to the rudder arm. You will see the cable going in and out of that bracket. Grease the part that goes in and out. We just paint on marine grease with a brush!

I will be up on Friday! You up there?
Old 07-02-2013, 01:37 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 X2, MCX
Thanks S2S, I'll give that a try. The cable that attaches to the rudder arm looks clean, no rust or grease residue, so it prob needs some fresh grease. I'll do that Tuesday. Yes, we are headed up to PL wed through Sunday. So looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPad 2 3G using Tapatalk