Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 12-21-2011, 08:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmminfla View Post
I bought the same boat with a different tower W/725 hours on the 305 TBI for under 10K
Good deal, it looks like galvanized trailer which may indicate salt water use which many feel lowers the value of a boat. Given the other information, I think if I reupholster the engine cover 14.5k would be an appropriate price during boating season.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:12 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
From a recent purchaser of a 97 205, here is what I noticed that would have made me pass on your boat. Keep in mind we were being very picky and wanted a boat in as near as perfect condition, considering the age of the boat, as possible. We also realized we were looking at a boat that was 14-15 years old. I really didn't want to spend as much as we did but we found it locally, others that would have been cheaper $$ wise would have been $1k to $2k to ship....couldn't justify the cost..

Engine cover......Personally, I would have passed, tells a story about the boat.

Sub under drivers seat.....cut a hole in the kick panel and mount it where it doesn't appear to be an after thought. With a single unit you can build a box, there is space back there. I know because I have done this with our boat.

Simple fixes and will be worth it if you decide to sell.

Price rise, you are in range, in my opinion. I paid a little more than that, I have about $15.5 k in a 97 205 Sammy series, tandem trailer, std engine...mint condition with 345 hours.

As a side not, we purchased a 96 205 back in 1998 with 150 hours and sold in 2000 with 250+ hours for $17k......resale speaks for itself with a well cared for MasterCraft.

We looked at NADA and realized the pricing was skewed for the banks....There were deals out there for less money that fell into the NADA range but they were needing a new interior and generally not well cared for....In the end we are happy with our purchase and even better is knowing the title is with us and not with a bank Would have loved to buy it for less but all things considered, we got what we wanted. We will not lose the $$ that we have with the new MasterCraft's we purchased in the past.
Attached Images

Last edited by Stritt; 12-22-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:42 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosurf View Post
you got a good deal
Yeah under 10K is a great deal - especially with a tower...