Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 08-08-2005, 10:05 AM
TT Newbie

New Owner of 1979 MC SS - HELP NEEDED!

I just got a 79 MC that is Grey with Navy Blue Stripes. It was kept in the garage and is in great shape. When the boat is in the water the color really pops but dry it is rather faded. Can this be buffed out? Does it need to be sanded and repainted?

Any information that can be provided to help me restore this classic would be great. I am in Jacksonville, Florida if anyone knows anyone that specializes in these boats.

I was told the transom has some root. It appears where the ski platform is connected to the boat there is some wood root. I plan to start to looking into that this week.

All advise is welcome.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:36 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1979 Stars & Stripes Skier
I just bought a 79 SS on Friday, with the same stripe problem, look one or two posts down, some people have been helping me out. If you hear anything let me know, and the same goes with me. I am making templates for the lettering if you need to do any work to that. Good luck.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:11 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1979 Mastercraft Stars and Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsoncd
I just bought a 79 SS on Friday, with the same stripe problem, look one or two posts down, some people have been helping me out. If you hear anything let me know, and the same goes with me. I am making templates for the lettering if you need to do any work to that. Good luck.
Try this guy on ebay, his quick and the decals look great and he is pretty cheap versus other places I have been looking--I send him a template and he made me the 79 style of lettering and a couple of other things. Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4556304986
Old 08-17-2005, 08:17 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster
I just got a 79 MC that is Grey with Navy Blue Stripes. It was kept in the garage and is in great shape. When the boat is in the water the color really pops but dry it is rather faded. Can this be buffed out? Does it need to be sanded and repainted?

Any information that can be provided to help me restore this classic would be great. I am in Jacksonville, Florida if anyone knows anyone that specializes in these boats.

I was told the transom has some root. It appears where the ski platform is connected to the boat there is some wood root. I plan to start to looking into that this week.

All advise is welcome.
There's a ton of info here on both the platform and the gel coat. Do a search using the handy dandy search feature here. Good luck. I'm fixing to repair my platform this weekend and buff mine out this winter. I plan on removing the stickers, buffing, and leaving it bare. I'll buy a set of stickers for the next guy or gal to apply.

How about posting a few pics of yEr machine?

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 08-17-2005, 09:04 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
http://www.properautocare.com/gelcolaapgu.html