Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 12-11-2011, 11:35 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1981 stars/stripes 351W
Mounting a sub in older SNS

I am working on a few projects this winter, one is stereo upgrade, and was wanting to ask where others have put a sub? I think I have worked out where to put 4 speakers but havent found a good place to hide a sub, I thought about putting a bazooka tube up under the bow, but it is filled with foam, and my battery and stuff are under the observer seat, I dont know if you could put one under the drivers seat, or if it would vibrate your butt to much, thanks Hal

Last edited by 81SNS; 12-11-2011 at 11:59 PM. Reason: added info
Old 12-12-2011, 11:49 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Do you have any under bow pictures? Seems like you would have enough room to get a box under there. I tried a bazooka tube in my 98 SN, but didn't like the results. An 8" Polk MM840 in a correctly sized sealed box with the some open air from the bow to the cockpit fills out the low end nicely.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:41 PM
TT Regular

I will see if I can get some pictures up under there, there is only about a 3" opening between the under dash and the divider wall area where the drivers feet rest, you might could put one in that wall, but it would be firing into my life vest storage compartment and I am afraid thet would absorb all the sound.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1981 MasterCraft 351W slot
on my 81 the area behind the observer's seat is open all the way to the closed off bow area except for where I mounted a deep cycle battery and amp. I am going to build an enclosure to fit in the area infront of the observer seat, against the hull.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:49 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1redTA View Post
on my 81 the area behind the observer's seat is open all the way to the closed off bow area except for where I mounted a deep cycle battery and amp. I am going to build an enclosure to fit in the area infront of the observer seat, against the hull.
I thought about putting a sub in there, but that is my only storage area for life vest, my guess is the life vest would absorb most of the sound from the sub. I was either going to put my amp hanging under the dash or under the observer seat next to my battery. Where do you keep your life vest stored?
Old 12-13-2011, 08:34 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1981 MasterCraft 351W slot
I usually have my kids with me 5 & 11 so they were theres, my wife and I keep them in the panels I put on the inside of the gunnels ( speaker and storage ) and the throwable is usually sat on in the driver seat