Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 12-12-2011, 06:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarndahl View Post
Cmon guys keep it civil. i have a nice stereo too. not that crazy, i only have the towers on when some on is riding as well. actually the only time it get fairly loud on my boat is when im by myself on a little after work wind down. other wise with people on it usually keeps us from talking. it takes allot of power to get over the wind noise in a boat. by the way watching the video somthing is up with your sub or your amp. it should push in and out evenly and you have a wave to yours usually meaning you have a phase problem or with the poly high excursion surround you dont have enough power to control the speaker properly. it will eventually destroy your voice coil and that doesent look like a cheap 12 either.
Camera apeture gets all messed up from the vibrations and bass, its actually moving normal in real life, good eye though!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:53 PM

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Send a message via MSN to pram
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
The sound gets muffed with the wind from the the boat moving, the angle of the speaker point downwards and the fact that we are not sitting in front of the same location for an extended period of time.
I can tell you from experience that there is nothing more annoying or rude than having someone pulling a wake boarder with a 4' wave, blasting their stereo because THEY WANT THE RIDER TO BE ABLE TO HEAR IT

And trust me, everyone on the lake can hear it

Do us all a favor and buy yourself some headphones then you can listen to it as loud as you want

http://www.swimoutlet.com/SearchResu...FQg1hwodp3kOTQ

they make all kinds of waterproof items now

It's no wonder that there are becoming more and more restrictions on public water ways

MONKEY FACE
Old 12-12-2011, 11:04 PM
MC Devotee

ill pass.

you know what's more annoying, people like you.

You don't know where I live, you know how we ride, but you lump us "wakeboarders" all in the same category.

You should thank us, we are keeping the manufactures of your favorite flat waked ski boat alive.

And my dad always wonders why I dropped the slalom ski, you novice / intermediate skiers are more arrogant than any of the pro wakeboarders.

If i get a complaint ill hear them out, and if within reason adjust our style of riding.

But then again ive been on these chains of lakes for ... 10yrs and have yet to have a complaint. Whether on my boat, or a friends boats with an equally loud stereo, not a single complaint.

Of course now ive just jynx'd myself.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:07 PM
MC Devotee

oh and btw, pram, do you want to buy my 94 205... it's for sale... not tower speakers.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:30 PM

Boat: 06 X30
No pram is not more annoying then that music.

Music sucks balls!

tbh; some one that would subject the rest of the lake to that crap just to show off his 3k audio system is pretty damn vain.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:
ill pass.

you know what's more annoying, people like you.

You don't know where I live, you know how we ride, but you lump us "wakeboarders" all in the same category.

You should thank us, we are keeping the manufactures of your favorite flat waked ski boat alive.

And my dad always wonders why I dropped the slalom ski, you novice / intermediate skiers are more arrogant than any of the pro wakeboarders.

If i get a complaint ill hear them out, and if within reason adjust our style of riding.

But then again ive been on these chains of lakes for ... 10yrs and have yet to have a complaint. Whether on my boat, or a friends boats with an equally loud stereo, not a single complaint.

Of course now ive just jynx'd myself.
wow, you represent the typical *** with an overloud stereo in his boat to perfection

It is funny how I am the annoying one because I don't want to hear people like you who think that it is their god given right to do what they want, where they want, when they want

I live my life doing my best not to tread on other people while still enjoying what I like

I don't blast my stereo forcing others to listen to it, I don't own the lake

I don't put loud exhaust on my vehicles forcing others to have to stop conversations when I drive past, I don't own the road

Excess noise is no ones friend, and you are an example of excess noise

And as far as lumping, yeah you fit the "WAKE BOARDER CATEGORY" to a tee IMO

I didn't realize that not wanting the above things makes a person arrogant, perhaps I need a lesson in southern hospitality

MONKEY FACE
Old 12-12-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
oh and btw, pram, do you want to buy my 94 205... it's for sale... not tower speakers.
LOL

nope bought myself a sweet 95 - 205

Talk to Bryan though he is still looking for a boat AFAIK

MONKEY FACE
Old 12-12-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
No pram is not more annoying then that music.

Music sucks balls!

tbh; some one that would subject the rest of the lake to that crap just to show off his 3k audio system is pretty damn vain.
It's the loud music and the choice of music

MONKEY FACE
Old 12-13-2011, 03:17 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft Prostar 190, 2003
I wakeboard even though I am pretty sad sight on the board, but I don't understand why boarding needs music any more than slalom or any other fast sport? Your focus and concentration should be in the act itself. I like the sounds of water and boat. To me the rest would be just redundant noise on the lake. Music I would add later to the video where it indeed can add value for those watching.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:19 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pram View Post
wow, you represent the typical *** with an overloud stereo in his boat to perfection

It is funny how I am the annoying one because I don't want to hear people like you who think that it is their god given right to do what they want, where they want, when they want

I live my life doing my best not to tread on other people while still enjoying what I like

I don't blast my stereo forcing others to listen to it, I don't own the lake

I don't put loud exhaust on my vehicles forcing others to have to stop conversations when I drive past, I don't own the road

Excess noise is no ones friend, and you are an example of excess noise

And as far as lumping, yeah you fit the "WAKE BOARDER CATEGORY" to a tee IMO

I didn't realize that not wanting the above things makes a person arrogant, perhaps I need a lesson in southern hospitality
Once again you failing to see the point of the video. The amount of time we spend on the lake verse the amount of time the radio is on at a level near that loud is not proportional. I put on over 400 hours since May. The radio might have been turn on full blast a handful of times.

The annoying part is that you come and judge everything of a 4 minute video that was put together to show how loud the radio can be.

My old man dan fisherman who is always at my dock has never complained to us, and when i was going to film the distance of the speakers I told him what we were doing. He was ok, and actually interested in seeing the speakers in actions.

Oh yea, we also used all 3,000watts to entertain the xmas parade. So once again, come out and ride with us before you assume how we ride and how we listen to our music.