Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 12-12-2011, 12:37 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft MariStar 210 VRS
yeah, but the excuse when i have my wife in the boat has to be "family friendly"
Old 12-12-2011, 12:40 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Can't argue with that.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Packages Starting at $569
4 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $319
2 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 12-12-2011, 12:50 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Prostar 205
It's required by law...
Old 12-12-2011, 01:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
Can you hear me now? Loud and Obnoxious. I can somewhat understand the attraction but lets be real and responsible. Thank God for laws against noise pollution and second hand smoke, no one wants either. If I hear noise like that in my serenity theres go'n to be some disorder.
Is that round spastic thingy a defibrillator or is it to remove kidney stones?
Peace
Old 12-12-2011, 01:51 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft MariStar 210 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
Can you hear me now? Loud and Obnoxious. I can somewhat understand the attraction but lets be real and responsible. Thank God for laws against noise pollution and second hand smoke, no one wants either. If I hear noise like that in my serenity theres go'n to be some disorder.
Peace
Old 12-12-2011, 03:53 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
Peace
Please come try to bring some disorder to me and my boat... we will gladly welcome you open arms all.

I think many of you are missing the point of the video. We wanted to see just how loud it was. The only time it is ever turned up near that loud, is when someone is actually riding. Most of the time its much lower as it's rather intolerable on the boat.

It was basically saying, well hey we have 3,000 watts in the boat lets see just how loud it is. Notice the bass tests are on an island where no one lives lol...
Old 12-12-2011, 05:21 PM

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Send a message via MSN to pram
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
Please come try to bring some disorder to me and my boat... we will gladly welcome you open arms all.

I think many of you are missing the point of the video. We wanted to see just how loud it was. The only time it is ever turned up near that loud, is when someone is actually riding. Most of the time its much lower as it's rather intolerable on the boat.

It was basically saying, well hey we have 3,000 watts in the boat lets see just how loud it is. Notice the bass tests are on an island where no one lives lol...
What difference does it make if you are making that much noise whether you are underway or floating?

I like music, but I don't find it necessary to subject other people to my music choices. I have a responsibility to those around me.

MONKEY FACE
Old 12-12-2011, 06:16 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pram View Post
What difference does it make if you are making that much noise whether you are underway or floating?

I like music, but I don't find it necessary to subject other people to my music choices. I have a responsibility to those around me.
The sound gets muffed with the wind from the the boat moving, the angle of the speaker point downwards and the fact that we are not sitting in front of the same location for an extended period of time.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:21 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 12 X-25 its ok old X-10 the best
Cmon guys keep it civil. i have a nice stereo too. not that crazy, i only have the towers on when some on is riding as well. actually the only time it get fairly loud on my boat is when im by myself on a little after work wind down. other wise with people on it usually keeps us from talking. it takes allot of power to get over the wind noise in a boat. by the way watching the video somthing is up with your sub or your amp. it should push in and out evenly and you have a wave to yours usually meaning you have a phase problem or with the poly high excursion surround you dont have enough power to control the speaker properly. it will eventually destroy your voice coil and that doesent look like a cheap 12 either.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:33 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
A friend of mine in high school took pride in how loud his stereo was too. You could always hear him coming before you could see him. After he graduated, he decided to join the Army. It was at his physical that he found out he was "hearing impaired" and turned down for the service.

Be careful with what you have. You won't notice your hearing is getting worse until it is too late. When you see an old timer with a hearing aid, remember that they didn't have 3000 watt stereos back then and the guy still lost his hearing somewhere.

(Lecture over)