Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 11-11-2011, 09:49 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '07 X45 LY6
I think its time!

Well after all these years I think it's time to upgrade the stereo. I just got a kicker zx750.1 and a alpine type r sub. I can see it is going to be a challenge getting the sub in. Not much room in this tug. Can't sacrifice much storage. Looking at going with the zx650.4 for the cabin speakers. Going to stay with the current speakers for now. Hoping they will survive till next winter. Also hoping to use the current head unit till next winter also. What do you guys think about not using a second battery or am I asking for trouble? We do a lot of sitting and swimming when out with the family.

You look like I need a beer!

2001 Prostar 195 Sold

2007 X45 LY6
Old 11-12-2011, 12:14 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Single amp or 2 smaller amps, clean adequate wiring, and a GOOD battery that you top off with a charger/maintainer after a day on the lake, not a problem.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN