Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 11-06-2011, 08:22 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2004 Black Mastercraft X-9 MCX350
Anyone built a sub box for an x-9

Hoping someone may be able to help with my winter project. I replaced the entire stock stereo with four JL cockpit speakers, 2 Rev 8's on the tower, JL 400.4 and a 700.5 to power the system and a kicker 10" sub. The system sounds awesome! Super clean and loud as you want it to be with no distortion. The Rev 8's are unbelievable for anyone that may be thinking about them. The weak link is the 10" that I put into the "stock" hole under the drivers side dash. I want to build an enclosed box or something that will compete this upgrade. Does anyone have any suggestions or diagrams for something they might have done?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:56 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: TBD
Each woofer and enclosure relationship is or should be unique. The Thiele Small parameters provided by the woofer manufacturer will determine the correct size of enclosure. If you are going 'sealed' then aim for a system (driver in enclosure) Qtc of around .7 to .8 for natural and balanced sounding bass. The enclosure shape, whether more square or more rectangular, with the wavelengths we are dealing with in a subwoofer is not particularly important as long as the shape is not too complex with appendages and not extremely elongated. Make sure that the enclosure will insert through the locker hatch or the opening behind the hinged bow seat cushion. Its possible to pre-mount the enclosure from within the locker and mount the woofer from the exterior thereby sandwiching the factory wall...IF the surface behind the wall is flat and can be sealed against the enclosure. Those are the planning basics.

David
Earmark Marine
Old 11-07-2011, 10:25 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Prostar 205
http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=44625

bow filler subwoofer box...
Old 11-07-2011, 01:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X2 Switch Blue and White
One of the cleanest 209 installs

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=3189