Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-08-2012, 09:34 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 PS205, x-14 someday
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
What is that you do in the Army?
I'm an Anesthesiologist, so no guns for me. Besides the one time I did get to shoot with the army they have a way of sucking all the fun out of it. It's also pretty bad when the instructor can't even break down the weapon they are trying to teach.

I thought about trying to justify (scam) a class out of the army, but it's pretty hard when your the only anesthesiologist at your hospital, and the command doesn't want to even pay for the anual training I really do need.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:29 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorguy View Post
I'm an Anesthesiologist, so no guns for me. Besides the one time I did get to shoot with the army they have a way of sucking all the fun out of it. It's also pretty bad when the instructor can't even break down the weapon they are trying to teach.

I thought about trying to justify (scam) a class out of the army, but it's pretty hard when your the only anesthesiologist at your hospital, and the command doesn't want to even pay for the anual training I really do need.
Until you are driving down some road in Afghanistan and someone starts to light-up that convoy you're in. Everyone is a rifleman first and something else second.

Yeah, money getting tight and will only get tighter now that the war in Iraq is "over". It's funny how we all still know Soldiers that are still there.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:26 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Until you are driving down some road in Afghanistan and someone starts to light-up that convoy you're in. Everyone is a rifleman first and something else second.
You're exactly right, except they wont pay to have enough staff to run a hospital as it is, let alone to have enough staff to cover so everyone can go get the real training they need to survive in country.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:33 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzito View Post
This past yr i spent 350.00 for a lifetime membership. i have not had time to go but looking forward to it in the future. how many rounds did you go through and what do you shoot?
We shot about 600 rounds. Those who had bad aim ended up shooting more.

I took my .40Sig P229. I decided I don't like it much after this class though. My thumb rests on the slide lock, so when you shoot the mag dry the slide doesn't lock to the rear. I'm trying to switch my grip from thumbs forward to thumbs up, but it's hard to break bad habits. Also I don't like the 1st hard double action trigger pull. I'm looking to replace it with a Wilson combat 1911 CQB LE in .45ACP. The $2800 price tag is the only limiting factor. I also really like the XDM 4.5 in .45ACP.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:26 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2010 SN 200
I am also a Sig guy. I have the P239 in .40 and .357sig. It is currently at Gray Guns getting a trigger job. They will reduce your 1st DA pull dramatically and also decrease the SA pull as well as making the entire pull smooth. A little hard on the pocket book at 325.00 but will be a dream to fire.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzito View Post
I am also a Sig guy. I have the P239 in .40 and .357sig. It is currently at Gray Guns getting a trigger job. They will reduce your 1st DA pull dramatically and also decrease the SA pull as well as making the entire pull smooth. A little hard on the pocket book at 325.00 but will be a dream to fire.
That is a lot for a trigger. Especially when I can by a whole brand new glock for just over $400.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:32 PM

Boat: 06 X30
I'm not a gun nut. I don't hunt and I don't shoot for fun. We have a glock 9mm with tritium sights for home protection and that's it. I know a lot of people enjoy shooting for recreation but I'd rather spend the cash on gas for the boat!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:58 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2010 SN 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorguy View Post
That is a lot for a trigger. Especially when I can by a whole brand new glock for just over $400.
Yes you can by a Glock for around 400, however I am not a Glock fan at all. Some people love them others like my self hate them. I can not shoot them, they feel cheap to me. They are proven by LE and military, but not for me.

I think Sig and H&K are some of the most durable and rugged pistol you can get. This trigger job will be well worth the money!!!