Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 03-20-2012, 11:04 AM
TT Regular

Boat: MasterCraft Maristar 210 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
That's the same as shoving a garden hose into the inlet. I'm not saying it's the correct or wrong way, I'm just saying it's the same result.
Let me correct myself. Rather than saying its the right way to do it, I ll say its the more convenient way of doing it. You install it once on the RW side and you never have to do it again. There are check value inside so it knows when it's a fake a lake or not.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:08 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
I haven't bothered to chime in on this thread, but I only became a bucket user after I had a fake-a-lake fall over without my knowing it and had a garden hose drop pressure when it was shoved inside the raw water hose (I have no idea why this happened, but as soon as I undid the hose clamp, pressure returned). The bucket method works for me because it is cheap, simple, and I can see whether it is working.

With that said, I have no vested interest in how others run their on the trailer. I have, in the past, merely offered up the method I settled on as an alternative. As with anything, you should do what works best for you.
Agreed....
Old 03-21-2012, 02:27 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Who needs a bucket? Pfft!
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2012, 03:02 PM
TT Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
Show off, but I like it....thumbs up!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:39 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
If that tank isn't filled with distilled holy water, that boat is being placed at tremendous risk!

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:02 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Makes me think my setup isn't all that great!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:17 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
We had a boat dealer with a tank like that. The made a mess of my throttle cable and went out of business. I assume it was the tank and not their horrible customer service.

P.S., my experience with Harwood Marine was awful. When the mechanic tells you he "southern engineered" the problem on your boat, be afraid. Glad they're out of business. Couldn't have happened to a nicer d0uchbag.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:24 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
We had a boat dealer with a tank like that. The made a mess of my throttle cable and went out of business. I assume it was the tank and not their horrible customer service.

P.S., my experience with Harwood Marine was awful. When the mechanic tells you he "southern engineered" the problem on your boat, be afraid. Glad they're out of business. Couldn't have happened to a nicer d0uchbag.
Um Doug.... lol
Old 03-24-2012, 03:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft MariStar 210 VRS
here is what I do, have yet to have a problem. Home depot 5 gallon bucket with the hose from the raw water pump submerged in water. hose from house in the bucket. I am able to keep an eye on the water level and if there is a problem i can shut her down quick.
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2012, 10:21 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Okay as of today I am a convert. I used my $20 dollar 5-gallon bucket solution today.. $5 for polyester resin adhesive and $10 for hole drill bit. At idle my water pressure could not keep up with the actual draw and demand of my '95 5.7L TBI. I was shocked...I thought I had enough pressure..even though I had run just garden hose in the past....I am a convert...maybe its just my MC OCD...thanks for the video Can't Repeat.

If anyone needs my hole drill bit..let me know...I will probably never use it again. It took me about 10 minutes to make the bucket... that included putting the tools away and waiting for the 2 minute resin away.
Attached Images